• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pondering my return

I bought my 2016 Versys 1000LT from a dealer in Utah, he had it on ebay with no reserve. Got it for $8100 in April of 2017, new bike with no miles. I drove my truck 1300 miles there to pick it up but I didn't mind. I rode it as my 2nd bike to my 2015 Indian Chieftain and still put 17,000 trouble free miles on it. I put a bigger screen on it throttle lock, GIVI trunk, and a Corbin seat. It was a great bike and I enjoyed it very much. Traded it on the Gold Wing Tour and it cost me almost nothing to own the Versys. I enjoyed the Wing for 17,000 miles too, and traded it on the 2019 Road King. The reason I bought the Wing was my wife had a hard time getting on and off the Versys and after I sold the Chieftain the Versys was my only bike for a while. The only thing I would add to the NC750X would be a electronic cruise control. I have never felt the need for engine modes and traction control, I can live without abs too.

Couldnt agree more with you about the cruise control. Especially now that the new NC has Throttle by wire.

Your Versys story sounds similar to my 2018 Goldwing Tour....Bought it brand new as a leftover in Jan 2020. Paid $17,600 (Its the 6-speed Manual). Just sold it for $18,600....FREE bike for over a year!!

Craig

Do the 750's including the new one still share the same frame and engine mounts or have they changed them?
2016 to 2019 models use the same frame. Not sure if North America officially had a 2020 but that is also the same frame. Honestly I have no idea is the 2012-2015 use the same frame as the 2016+ model years, but I suspect they might. Plastics, windscreen, dash cluster and cosmetics were changed in 2016. DCT programming was updated to the 3rd generation in 2016 also. 2018 traction control was added and full LED lights.

Starting with 2021 it is my understanding they use a new, slightly lighter frame. One would presume the shape might be a bit different too.

For what it's worth, I just paid $7500 for a 2019 Blue NC750X. It had 104 miles on it when I bought it, and was farkled up nicely. I was looking at the NC for quite a while, and when I saw this one it seemed worth it to me. I justified it to my inner miser this way: 6500 for the nearly new bike, plus at least $1000 in already installed accessories (Puig touring windscreen, SWMotech center stand, Givi hand guards, SWMotech foot pegs, Leo Vince exhaust, just to name a few of my favorites) I was more than satisfied with what I got for the price. Even in the miserable wet Utah spring weather I have managed to put enough miles on it to get it to it's 600 mile service. You can't wipe the grin off my face.

Has the S now been discontinued? The new 2021 X looks like a hybrid between the X and S and there doesn’t appear to be any mention of a 2021 model S in any market.
I really like the look and spec of the new 2021 bike ... but not enough to upgrade from my NC700S.

I have never owned a NC700X nor a NC750X. I currently ride a top heavy V-Strom 650. However I have been with my wife looking at a current NC750X at a dealer. She is a little shorter than me and is moving up from a Burgman 400 so she wants the lower seat height of the 2021 NC750X and ordered one. HOWEVER, to me the 2020 NC750X seems to have such a luxuriously low center of gravity compared to my VStrom that I know I would really love this Honda. At the dealer it felt so easy to gently lean the NC almost to the floor and easy to lift it back up. If I were to do the same with my trusty VStrom, my 'strom would wind up on the floor totally tipped over. The difference in center of gravity is remarkable and slow speed maneuvers would be so much easier with any generation NC7xx.

I have never owned a NC700X nor a NC750X. I currently ride a top heavy V-Strom 650. However I have been with my wife looking at a current NC750X at a dealer. She is a little shorter than me and is moving up from a Burgman 400 so she wants the lower seat height of the 2021 NC750X and ordered one. HOWEVER, to me the 2020 NC750X seems to have such a luxuriously low center of gravity compared to my VStrom that I know I would really love this Honda. At the dealer it felt so easy to gently lean the NC almost to the floor and easy to lift it back up. If I were to do the same with my trusty VStrom, my 'strom would wind up on the floor totally tipped over. The difference in center of gravity is remarkable and slow speed maneuvers would be so much easier with any generation NC7xx.
Come to the dark side... we have cookies. Honestly I loved my nc700 so much when it was time to get back in the choice was a no brainer. The center of gravity, frunk and mpg make this hard to beat in bikes.

I probably sound like a broken record but my 2019 NC750x feels nothing like my 2013 NC700x. The extra displacement and increased rpm limit make the 750 feel so much more lively it is remarkable. The gains in power are noticeable, especially on the open road. The bike will effortlessly cruise in the low 90 mph range and the engine actually revs lower than the 700. It will just get into triple digits, but its top speed is definitely lower than the competition but the high speed smoothness and the incredibly under-stressed feel is class leading stuff. After 6K miles, and with a simple $500 suspension upgrade, I sold my BMW R1200R because the NC is so good at what it does I simply didn't need (or want) another street bike. The simple low maintenance and generally excellent economy of ownership is icing on the cake and the frunk is even larger. I am nearing retirement and I ride with every sort of bike and I don't feel like I need anything more than the NC provides.

Last edited:
I probably sound like a broken record but my 2021 NC750x feels nothing like my 2013 NC700x. The extra displacement and increased rpm limit make the 750 feel so much more lively it is remarkable. The gains in power are noticeable, especially on the open road. The bike will effortlessly cruise in the low 90 mph range and the engine actually revs lower than the 700. It will just get into triple digits, but its top speed is definitely lower than the competition but the high speed smoothness and the incredibly under-stressed feel is class leading stuff. After 6K miles, and with a simple $500 suspension upgrade, I sold my BMW R1200R because the NC is so good at what it does I simply didn't need (or want) another street bike. The simple low maintenance and generally excellent economy of ownership is icing on the cake and the frunk is even larger. I am nearing retirement and I ride with every sort of bike and I don't feel like I need anything more than the NC provides.

What you say is good news. The 2021 supposedly has even more horsepower, is lighter weight, and has a bigger frunk, and lower seat height.
On the down side to some, the 2021 has less ground clearance and shorter suspension travel. However my wife has no off road desires other than staying upright on a specific muddy road we frequently encounter. No huge bumps, just slippery as grease when wet. TKC80 tires handle this section just fine. (This muddy road is the reason I call myself "mudtrack".)

Kebrider, after reading about your suspension mods, I can fully understand that to you, the upgrades made it feel like a new bike.

Last edited:
We have a slight motorcycle shortage around here. Dealers are waiting for tires. Anyway, there was almost no NC750s around, so I got to pay 2018 retail on mine, but was able to talk them out of the additional dealer profit called delivery and process fees. That would have added another $700 to the tag out the door, so it was okay. Love the bike.

Are you actually riding a 2021?
The dealers where I live say the first 2021 models will not arrive until late May.
In any case, what you say is good news. The 2021 supposedly has even more horsepower, is lighter weight, and has a bigger frunk, and lower seat height.
On the down side to some, the 2021 has less ground clearance and shorter suspension travel. However my wife has no off road desires other than staying upright on a specific muddy road we frequently encounter. No huge bumps, just slippery as grease when wet. TKC80 tires handle this section just fine. (This muddy road is the reason I call myself "mudtrack".)

Kebrider, after reading about your suspension mods, I can fully understand that to you, the upgrades made it feel like a new bike.

Sorry Mudtrack I don't know how I managed to change my 2019 into a 2021 model. I edited the post.

Kebrider,
Who knows? Maybe in a few years my wife will be ready for more off road riding. Ya never know. She may one day want to do do suspension mods to her 2021 NC750X to make it ready for rougher stuff. We may ask for your guidance if she does. For now she is happy to survive cancer and will ride on her OEM 2021 this summer, with the addition of TKC80 tires for the mud on our property.

Last edited:
Kebrider,
Who knows? Maybe in a few years my wife will be ready for more off road riding. Ya never know. She may one day want to do do suspension mods to her 2021 NC750X to make it ready for rougher stuff. We may ask for your guidance if she does. For now she is happy to survive cancer and will ride on her oem 2021 this summer, with the addition of TKC80 tires for the mud on our property.
I keep wondering how much road gravel you could buy for the price of an NC750X.

I keep wondering how much road gravel you could buy for the price of an NC750X.
Funny. Dollars aside,
A NC750X would be more fun than hiring a bunch of trucks to fill gravel on a 1 mile long stretch of muddy road that also needs under-road drainage culverts.
My wife will be trading in two bikes, both scooters, for the NC750:
Burgman 400 maxi scooter, 2018.
Honda PCX150 scooter, 2015.
Also, we tour together. She on her Burgman and me on my V-Strom to visit friends in Idaho and Oregon, and other parts of Washington, all involving back road challenges of their own.
Come on now, I talked my wife out of an Africa Twin DCT in favor of a NC750X. Then she heard the 2021 would have lower seat height and she was totally sold.
Now she is recovering from Acute Leukemia and wants to ride.
She is a female fair skinned "Motor".

I don't take my NC offroad, the suspension upgrades gave the bike much more ground clearance and better road feel at deep lean angles. I love having the luxury of not having to account for dragging parts through the mountain turns that make up 90% of my riding.

Back