• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Polaroid XS100 Video Camera

Cigar Mike

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Being the cheap guy that I am I looked around for a cheap video camera. I bought this Polaroid because it was $100 and would record in 1080 and 720. It came with mounting options. I chose the side Helmet mount for ease of operation. I am not a camera guy so this new to me. I am pretty happy with the video. I will try and post a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umEeRdkvEOk

It does not seem to playback as clear as I thought using the link. Maybe better in non-HD? The link viewed on my Kindle HD is excellent.

Youtube has a crappy compression it applies to your uploads, I don't think you can change it.
I got an even cheaper camera ($35.00) on sale, the videos look much better before uploading.
EDIT: mine only does 720P, here is one section of a ride through the Sierras.

[video=youtube;R_ehsfvzSU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ehsfvzSU4[/video]

EDIT 2: wow, went back to look at the raw footage, video is clearer with better colors and even the audio sounds a bit degraded on Youtube

Last edited:
That looked pretty good. I let the video run for a few minutes and started back at the beginning. It ran much smoother when I ran the second time.

The Polaroid records in two different qualities. If I set it for 1080 the second one will be in 720. If I set it for 720 the second will not be HD. It will take stills and will record four hours of video.

It is fun to play with and videos look really good on my 55" 1080 TV. I Watch it on the Youtube channel through ROKU.

Being the cheap guy that I am I looked around for a cheap video camera. I bought this Polaroid because it was $100 and would record in 1080 and 720. It came with mounting options. I chose the side Helmet mount for ease of operation. I am not a camera guy so this new to me. I am pretty happy with the video. I will try and post a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umEeRdkvEOk

It does not seem to playback as clear as I thought using the link. Maybe better in non-HD? The link viewed on my Kindle HD is excellent.

I think you got a really nice camera for the money. Nice video

Being the cheap guy that I am I looked around for a cheap video camera. I bought this Polaroid because it was $100 and would record in 1080 and 720.

I've got the same cam (mine is branded MetroFlash). Very happy with the purchase.

My only complaint is I'd like battery life to be closer to 2.5hrs rather than the 1.75hrs I'm getting. My commute is an hour so I have to charge it before each leg.

I may eventually rig a power cord to the bike but it would require the rear (waterproof) cover on the back of the cam be left off. :-(

I need to be more selective of what I record. I will try and not record more than five minutes. That should make the battery last longer.

I don't believe the Polaroid will record if connected to a power source.

Back