• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Plastic Document Bag

pismocycleguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,
Did everyone , anyone, find a plastic document bag inside the owners manual box at the bottom of the luggage box, aka frunk?
I sure didn't!:confused:
It is suppose to protect your registration/insurance documents from moisture.
I'm just curious?
Let me know please.

Nothing in mine....owners manual and a steel electrical box plate for the sidestand on hot tar occupy that space now

My owners manual came in a heavy duty zip lock plastic bag. It helps make up for the empty tool kit I guess. I put a copy of my registration in it and stow both in the compartment in the bottom of the trunk.

When I bought the bike they handed me the owners manual and paperwork. The manual was in a clear zip lock like dduelin described. I think that's the bag you're asking about. Mine was nothing special, just a clear zip lock bag.

Bob

Yes, mine was in a rather ordinary ziplock bag. The guy checking me out could not find it and got one from the other NC they had in stock. I found the one that came with my bike and it probably came like that from the factory in the bottom of the frunk. The one from the other NC also came in a ziplock bag (now returned).

Mine came with it in the plastic zip lock bag stashed in the "secret" compartment in the bottom of the frunk. I keep the registration and insurance card in there and keep the owners manual in the Top Box where it is handier to get to.

I got the zip lock bag. Other than the odd size there was nothing special about it. The size must have been ordered based on the manual size but there is plenty of room for extra documents and even a 2nd manual would fit.

OK, I'll bite. What are the obvious reasons?
So where do you carry registration and proof of insurance?

I don't know for you guys, but here in Quebec, if someone steals your vehicle (and you had not reported it yet) and he gets gaught with it for any reason, if he has your registrations and insurances papers with him, he can say the officer that you lent him the vehicle. If everything is clear, then he will drive away. If he has no papers, then it will raise suspicion and you will probably get a phone call from the police right away.

That's why (here at least) we've being told to keep both registrations and insurance papers with our driver's license, in our wallet.

In the UK there is no requirement to carry your registration with you. No need to carry insurance document either as police can quickly check it on PNC & NIDB. When I was hit by a woman driver before I even gave the attending officer my name he said "Don't worry she is insured with the same company as you"

same as what Rocker said and also if the bike got nicked with no documents this make it harder for them to claim its their bike blah blah.:rolleyes:

Different Country Different Rules

In the U.S.A. it is required to carry your vehicle's current registration and proof of vehicle insurance in/on the vehicle you are operating. Without these documents a traffic violation citation is the probably result depending upon the temperament of the policing authority. If the documents do not match your driver's license information, different name and/or description, you'll have some more explaining to do. :rolleyes:
So johnakay when you visit our country with your bike you had better have your shit in order!:p

((((So johnakay when you visit our country with your bike you had better have your shit in order!)))

vat?? visit your god forsaken country ,nah ya all trigger happy.:p
when my time comes to visit the promise land I want to meet my maker intact thank you very much.
......................... NEXT!!!;)

Back