• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

PLASTI-DIP - the MATTE BLACK edition.....

[B][COLOR=BLUE][U]WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF YOUR NC ?!?![/COLOR][/U][/B]

• YES !!! She's pretty, but could use a little freshening up....

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • NO !!! ... I Love it.... just the way it is....

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters

Jay Fridays

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
SO... I have decided to throw in the towel on the Vinyl-Wrap... Booooohoooo
It was entirely too labor intensive and time consuming for a busy Medic and pre-med student.

I really want to change from the silver look, but I am not ready to spend weeks on it, while not being able to ride.....:mad:

I came across this PLASTI-DIP!! I had heard a little bit about. It is mentioned a tiny bit on the forum, but not much....

I checked out the website, and it seems that they have all kinds of colors now. And it seemed easy enough... So I went for it. I Have done all of the panels for the back half of the bike with only 2 cans and $12 spent at home depot... It's late now, and they are drying overnight. I will keep this thread updated now on the progress of the transformation. as I am modifying the tail as well....

I will change these pics for better ones tomorrow, when I have daylight...lol

Does anyone else have any Plasti-Dip knowledge/experience/pictures that they'd like to share here?!?!

Attachments

• 20130521_235720.jpg
    20130521_235720.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 876
  • 20130521_235802.jpg
    20130521_235802.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:
I was thinking about using Plati-Dip as well. If you YouTube it there is quite a few videos out there of things people are doing with it. Also I like the, uh, flower vase in the third picture on the table. LOL
How many coats are you doing?

For more durability a lot of the videos I've seen they recomend 4 to 5 coats. I'm interested to see how this works out for you as I've got a couple cans in the garage already waiting to do something with them.

You must have a mighty big dog...????

120lb Rottweiler (trained in schutzhund)... and a 50 lb female Pit (trained in attack licking).....lol

That's the cave I made them....lol. 32 sq. ft. Two rooms, and heated w/ 4" of styrofoam insulation under the siding... Huge casters so it can be rolled (weighs like 800lbs) and hinged roof that opens... I've slept in there before... pretty comfy....lol

I also have two old chows, but they don't like the dog house.....

Last edited:
You must have a mighty big dog...????

120lb Rottweiler (trained in schutzhund)... and a 50 lb female Pit (trained in attack licking).....lol

That's the cave I made them....lol. 32 sq. ft. Two rooms, and heated w/ 4" of styrofoam insulation under the siding... and hinged roof that opens... I've slept in there before... pretty comfy....lol

Beautiful!

Looks like I'm orientating in Plasti-Dip direction.

Now just need to see final effect when all parts are back on the motorcycle.

Finally got the tail put togeter with the new lights all wired in...

THis has bin a serious PAIN IN THE grASS!!!! but it's looking amazing. Now I just have to reassemble... aye yai yai.....

Last edited:
Finished the tail kit !!! Here is the back half Plasti-dipped black with the JMV tail kit !!! THis took an INSANE amount of modification to install. AND WITH NO DIRECTOINS....lol ( well one page of french, that only says how to attach the brake light to the housing... but that was the easy part....

I had to cut the hell out of some of the OEM parts to make it work, but the results are spectacular. And I only messed up one $20 part in the process, and It's already ordered......(still functions fine for now with it messed up...lol)

About 10 hours yesterday, and been working on it about 12 hours today and just finished @ 4;30am. I was too excited to sleep !!!! Now it's time to pass the F*@k out......
I will get better pictures tomorrow, and a better detailed narrative of the install tomorrow, in the daylight !!!!

-----------

Last edited:
Back