• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pirelli Angel GT tires

nrsheikh

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got the Pirelli Angle GT tires for the bike. I had the OEM Dunlops on before. What a difference! I can feel more bite in the ride and more confidence in turns. I have not rode in the rain, but I have heard good things. I only have a 100 or so mile on them, but they are really nice tires.

ydo7pA7.jpg

They are realy nice tires, never let me down in the rain or on dry road. A lot of people say the Michelin Pilot Road 4 are the best for wet roads, but i'll still buy the Angel Gts again once mine are worn off.

I once fitted angel ST ,they felt different to the bt023 but were grippy enough ..trouble was they only lasted 6000 miles . Have you noticed the mileage on the GT ? .. I am thinking of the anakee 3 for mileage reasons. (and the fact the roads have lots of farm mud and gravel where I live)

I once fitted angel ST ,they felt different to the bt023 but were grippy enough ..trouble was they only lasted 6000 miles .

+1, I really liked the Angel GTs except they wore out too quickly, IMO. Think I managed just under 7k miles on mine, whereas I get over 10k out of PR3s and PR4s.

What kind of mileage are people getting out of the Anakee 3?

trey

Last edited:
I loved the GTs on my bike, and still have one on the front. I got about 8500 kilometers out of my rears, but based on my observations my tires don't seem to last as long as most others on the board....
I switched out to a Battlax S20 on the rear mainly because of the price difference. If it doesn't last as long I'll likely be going back to the Angels. I really miss the nice, symmetrical tread pattern on the rear though with the S20......that kind of stuff gets my ocd up lol

+1, I really liked the Angel GTs except they wore out too quickly, IMO. Think I managed just under 7k miles on mine, whereas I get over 10k out of PR3s and PR4s.

What kind of mileage are people getting out of the Anakee 3?

trey

To answer my question, people are getting big miles out of the Anakee 3. This guy is at over 16k on the much bigger and heavier BMW R1200GS. That seems to be an exception, but most reports I ran across people are routinely getting 10k+ out of them, a la PR4.

I ordered one up to replace my worn out Conti Motion. We'll see how it does....

trey

I am going for a pr4 gt front (98 quid fitted) and anakee 3 (150 profile)(102 quid fitted)) rear ..off to Ireland for six or so weeks . will let you know how they do. anakee 3 don't do the front tyre or did I miss something ?

I am going for a pr4 gt front (98 quid fitted) and anakee 3 (150 profile)(102 quid fitted)) rear ..off to Ireland for six or so weeks . will let you know how they do. anakee 3 don't do the front tyre or did I miss something ?

Correct, no 17" front sizes. I ended up going with a 170/60 rear, it was a little closer to the OEM 160/60 diameter vs. the 150/70, but I think either will work just fine.

Keep us posted on how you like it, mine doesn't show up until this weekend.

trey

Also been happy with my Pirelli's. May put some dirt tires on it sometime just for fun and the look. But for now. I'm going to have fun with my Angels.

I was happy with both sets of mine, got around 10k miles on the first, less on the second. Second set was on a long road trip two up and loaded down. Would still be on them if i didn't decide to go to a more off-road tire.

I have an Angel GT on the rear. Handling was good but is cord showing down the center at 7500 miles. I weigh 190 in full gear and never ride double. I inflate to recommended pressure. I'm disappointed with the mileage. Very surprised by how quickly it went from worn to worn out. I am going with the PR5 this time. $185 at Revzilla.

I get ~5k out of Road5 rears, but that's on a bike making ~2.3x the power of the NC and weighing ~50lb less. I might have to try one on the supermoto sometime, I like how soft the carcass is.

When you say "recommended pressure", you mean what the bike says on it?

Recommend PSI is 42 and that what I used every time I checked pressure. I was looking at the mileage again and it is only 7000.
I have a Bridgestone Battlax BT023 on the front with 8500 miles on it 36 psi no cupping but ready to be changed. I will buy a pair of PR5’s.

Where did you find 42psi? That's awfully high. The pressure on the sidewall is generally the maximum safe pressure.

Where did you find 42psi? That's awfully high. The pressure on the sidewall is generally the maximum safe pressure.

The owner’s manual and the sticker on the motorcycle recommend 42 PSI in the rear tire.

Wow, I hadn't looked. That's significantly higher than I'd expected for solo riding given weight and power output. Does it give a separate pressure for 2 up, or just one pressure?

Just one pressure. 42 psi is, or is quickly becoming, an industry-wide standard for rear tires, just as 36 psi is for fronts.

Back