• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

pictures

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
for some reason I cannot load up pictures .
Add an Image from your computer
Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
File
just not working.am I missing some thing?

File

I'm not all that computer savvy, so when in doubt, first thing I do is clear all the website internet stuff on my computer- delete all the cookies/history/browser caches etc. and start with a fresh reopening of whatever I'm using like Explorer/Chrome/Firefox/whatever.

You've saved the pictures to your computer, and are trying to upload them to here? Positive you are not trying to upload them directly from another site without saving them first?

If you have saved them and renamed them, did you save them with the complete file extension, not missing a "." before jpg/jpeg/gif/etc.?

Are you maybe hitting the insert video button instead of insert image?

What sizes are the pictures? Are they humongous and possibly not able to fit in the allowed pixels/dimensions?

I'll move this into the Test forum down the page a bit.

Choose a known good and available picture on your computer, and try again. Let us know what happens, or what your screen says if it doesn't work.

Last edited:
File

Add image
Select/Browse
Open from File
Upload

Should work. I just posted a pic two days ago.

Look out for "Basic Uploader" on the extreme bottom right of the dialogue box. I occasionally miss that , (age etc etc) . Always love your pics John, get on with it !

Check the file size too, there's a limit I believe. Even pics straight from newer phones are now so large that they're too big for most forums/web use etc. If it's an 8 megapixel or larger picture, it's too big and you should resize it. I normally resize to 800x600 (or 600x800 for portrait) and you'll notice the file size drops to <200KB rather than 5MB+.

Check the file size too, there's a limit I believe. Even pics straight from newer phones are now so large that they're too big for most forums/web use etc. If it's an 8 megapixel or larger picture, it's too big and you should resize it. I normally resize to 800x600 (or 600x800 for portrait) and you'll notice the file size drops to <200KB rather than 5MB+.

And here is a great program/utility to resize those pictures if you are using Windows.

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Last edited:
Add image
Select/Browse
Open from File
Upload

Should work. I just posted a pic two days ago.

I've done that.
I've been doing that for ages but for some reason recent or the past couple of days it would upload.

tried that griff but it says fails.

right it will work on image url taken from ph/bucket.

Last edited:
Back