• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Picking up a '13 NC700X Thursday!

I am 6'1" 225 lbs 34-36 inseam, so I may give that one a try. I like the looks of the Sargent though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am 6'1" 225 lbs 34-36 inseam, so I may give that one a try. I like the looks of the Sargent though.

I think Sargent will take the seat back and give you a refund if you don’t like it. That’s what I did.

I bought the Sargent when it first came out, and it had issues where it did not bolt onto the bike properly. I also made the mistake of ordering a slippery cover. With the slick cover and the forward slope, I had to brace myself whenever stopping to avoid sliding up onto the frunk lid. Sargent may have improved their seat since then.

With the Seat Concepts, it’s hard to reverse the purchase because the new foam and cover is installed on your stock seat pan, whether you install it yourself or have them do it.

Last edited:
A couple things:

First, the suspension on the NC might be decent vs cruisers but there's a LOT of improvement that can be done.

I'd strongly recommend Racetech Gold Valve Emulators in the front, as well as springs to match your weight. Parts cost is around $300, labor it all depends on where you go. The GVEs allow the bike to be plusher over sharp bumps without wallowing in corners.

For the rear, I used a 2016 Aprilia RSV4 shock that I had a Racetech spring put on. It's pretty much a bolt-on, with a few washers to adjust for width. Total cost for this was about $200 (although the shop that I bought the spring from owed me a favor and didn't charge me to install the spring itself, not sure what that'd normally run).

The Aprilia shock is adjustable for length, which can help get the bike to handle how you want - I have rear ride height significantly higher than stock and it's still rock solid, but turns in much more easily. I imagine once I install a taller front tire (probably the Shinko 705 130/80) it won't turn in quite as nicely anymore, but it should be close to stock.

Putting decent suspension on it helps with both comfort and handling.

Second, I don't trust the clamp to not bend. I'd find some washers of the right ID and grind them down to thickness so that you're just barely clamping on them.

I have pondered suspension modding, that is something that will come later if I decide to keep this bike. I may end up trading in for a new 750x if they come out with something besides the color blue for next year lol. Then again, I may just stick with this one and save that money since there isn't any drastic performance differences between the two.

I saw where you can get an Ohlins rear shock ready to go for $600. And if I wanted to rebuild the forks I would pull them and learn to do it myself. I've never actually pulled them apart, but am familiar with the inner workings of forks and various shocks.

I was into rock crawling pretty hard and heavy for about 6 years and learned a lot about working on things during that time. My new shop is almost finished and I have an extra bike so I can afford to leave the NC tore down and still have something to ride.

aac779932a553558715f546ad7b90680.jpg

But like I said, it all depends on whether or not I plan to keep it for a while. I don't want to blow a ton on it then sell it at a loss just to get a newer 750x. Although, I'm sure a lot of the mods could be taken off and put on a new 750x if I go that route, but either way, suspension modding is toward the end of the list (for now).

Still haven't figured out which bags to get. That's looking like my toughest decision so far. Lol

I'm not aware of any significant differences in suspension between the 700 and 750

at $600 for a new shock, I doubt it has a reservoir or all that many adjustment options

There's a thread on the Forum with pictures of the various saddlebags available for the NC, might help you decide what you want.
https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/n...nda-nc700x-saddlebags.html?highlight=pictures

Thank you! I actually got started on that thread, but only made it a few pages in, still need to look through the rest of it. Glad you posted it, as I kinda forgot about it. If I'm gonna do bags, I need to get them ordered asap so I can have them on and ready by the 18th.

So regarding bags, here is where I'm at and need some help.

I really want the oem honda side bags. It's been difficult finding exactly what is needed to fit them to my bike. I am thinking about just ordering a rear rack for now so that I can bungie cord my pack down to it for the upcoming ride May 18th, and order bags later as I've been so indecisive with them. So I found this oem Honda rear rack. Is this one of the few hardware pieces needed to fit the oem honda bags and brackets? Would there be anything else besides bags and brackets needed if I bought this rear rack?

HONDA NC700X REAR CARRIER LUGGAGE RACK 08L72-MGS-A30 2012-2015 766856220046 | eBay

Last edited:
Wait, could this be??? All of it in one big package, every single part # needed to fit oem bags and rear rack to my bike? Can anyone confirm? If so I will buy these in a heartbeat. Tired of studying bags LOL

GENUINE HONDA 2013-2014 NC700X SADDLEBAG SET W/MOUNTING BRACKETS & SUPPORTS | eBay

Just ordered a Shad seat too, hopefully it comes in by the ride May 18th. Seems like it had a lot of users and good reviews on here. Few had anything negative to say about it.

You need this to replace the passenger grab rails:
[FONT=&quot]08L74-MGS-J30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BRACKET, CARRIER/SDLBG MNT (REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION OF SADDLEBAG AND REAR CARRIER)[/FONT]

You’ll probably want the rear rack or else the new rails look stupid without it:
[FONT=&quot]08L72-MGS-A30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KIT, RR. CARRIER[/FONT]

You need the hardware that mounts the bags to the bike:
[FONT=&quot]08L71-MJJ-D30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BRACKET, SADDLEBG SUPPRT (REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION OF SADDLEBAGS)[/FONT]

You also have to buy the bags:
[FONT=&quot]08L76-MGS-A52[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SADDLEBAGS, 29L 1KEY

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Wait, could this be??? All of it in one big package, every single part # needed to fit oem bags and rear rack to my bike? Can anyone confirm? If so I will buy these in a heartbeat. Tired of studying bags LOL

GENUINE HONDA 2013-2014 NC700X SADDLEBAG SET W/MOUNTING BRACKETS & SUPPORTS | eBay

Just ordered a Shad seat too, hopefully it comes in by the ride May 18th. Seems like it had a lot of users and good reviews on here. Few had anything negative to say about it.

The listing photo is misleading because everything you see there is not included. The text in the description does point that out. I don’t see the rear rack included in that parts list. You would have two rails sticking out the back but no rack bolted between them, just empty space. However, with the parts included, you would have usable saddlebags.

The grey panels are cosmetic and optional.

As I said in an earlier post, the Honda luggage requires that a lot of accessory items to be purchased to achieve the final result. I can understand having to buy mounting hardware and a rear rack, but requiring that you replace the grab rails and toss the original ones in the take-off parts box is just stupid.

But, also realize that these parts are commonly available for a 20% discount from MSRP

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help btw. I see what you are saying, it has everything but this part. I might call them (their number is in ebay listing) and see how much extra they would charge to throw that in. $150 seems steep for such a dinky little plastic part from this other vendor.

f6ae13a76f067694b9b894dc97834904.jpg

Thank you so much for your help btw. I see what you are saying, it has everything but this part. I might call them (their number is in ebay listing) and see how much extra they would charge to throw that in. $150 seems steep for such a dinky little plastic part from this other vendor.

Yes, $150 would be high priced. Many of the eBay vendors are asking list price, but as I’ve mentioned before, discounts are easy to find, such as this one from procaliber.com.
[FONT=&quot]08L72-MGS-A30
KIT, RR. CARRIER This part replaces 08L70-MJJ-A30.
MSRP: $149.95
Dealer Price: $119.96

[/FONT]

I called that dealer in OH and they gave me the rear carrier for $115, plus the ebay auction items and $70 shipping for all pieces. $954 all in, plus the auction had the silver side pieces for the bags, which I wanted as well. 5 separate part numbers, all ordered over the phone. So, all in all, it's $100-150 more than the givi v35's and racks, but to me they look 10x better and are just the right size, plus I get a rear rack too, whereas that would cost extra on top of the Givi v35 and brackets. So really not THAT much of a price difference. Maybe I am done spending on this unit for a while now. LOL

That's more like it!

Soundclip. Engine is so noisy and picks up over the exhaust on video, but sounds damn good in person for what it is.

YouTube

22c93d3c26ea160fb8355d53d24abcfc.jpg

76e2cc212e3e7f78e198823ee7595695.jpg

5ce07935aa5f5b69b7e695bb71538047.jpg

42b594f3ec22f9a1c929fe4f69af6437.jpg

a3338dbebee4589b913b11d0ae200309.jpg

1799cb481ff05272d1de4685c03269f2.jpg

Now my exhaust matches my leg...Lol
#carbonfibershit

cca7ff1a7945cc4d6a59d229d6db21a8.jpg

afb4d8cc6e1e46c918aa3776a5eae9f3.jpg

did it come with a dB killer? if so, can you take a picture of it? I'm trying to figure out which one I need.

Back