• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Photographers here ? Bikepacking for more than week

chrisjordan

Reaction score
Visit site
hi, i have a question for photographers here, im also a photographer but im starting to get rid of my gear due to backpacking and the gear is too heavy. Now i have plan for 6-7 day trip 700km by bike. and my gear is too big and heavy. Is there somebody who takes profesional photos/pics for printing on phones ? my friend is using iphone 11 pro and the pictures with some minor edit are printable for bigger format prints like 60x40cm canvas wall arts etc.

my qestion is for experience with similar devices ios android whatever, just it has to be small light and hopefully weatherproof device

There are a lot of lightweight better options out there than relying on your phone in my opinion but I guess it depends on how much you want to spend and the type of photographs you want to take. Any flagship model of android phone will take great photos like the iPhone but they are all pricey phones. Pixel 5, Samsung S21, OnePlus 9 pro, etc. You can also use clip-on lenses to give you some additional variety.

If you don't need a new or expensive phone you could spend that money on a lightweight point and shoot camera that will take much better images and have a lot more creative options. Any of Canon's G7, G5, G9 series cameras are great, Sony also has their Rx series. Older models can be bought pretty cheaply and will still be much better than the average phone.

That all being said the real benefit to larger DSLR/Mirrorless cameras is their flexibility, durability, and overall creative toolset. You can take great images with a phone these days and there are accessories to help make them better but a larger sensor will always make better pictures/prints.
I hike and travel to remote areas a lot as a photographer and carry a lot of camera equipment. I've also done long trips on the bike with my gear. I really think it depends on the type of images you want to take and the results you want from taking those images.

Back