• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Phone Holder

AB2020

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, any recommendations for a phone holder that can align the phone above the panel display? (i think it'll be easier to use GPS when it's up there)

Quad Lock phone case + Quad Lock mounted to a Ram Mount above my instrument cluster. 1/4 turn and it snaps into the locked position, you push against a blue release lever and twist it a 1/4 turn and its back out. It is true 1 handed operation, even with heavy gloves on.

It comes in various mounts, I chose the "Ram Ball" mount. The nice thing with the Ram system is you can get different length 'arms' so you can pretty much get it wherever you want it.

Ram Ball type=> https://www.quadlockcase.com/collections/shop-moto/products/1-ball-mount-motorcycle-kit-iphone

You can see in the photo I have my mount mounted fairly high up, it lets me use the phone as a GPS and it remains in the lower part of my field of view so I can keep my eyes on the roadway and still see the directional map on the screen. If you use the RAM system, the arms can be purchased with a locking mechanism or with a simple knob. All mine are the locking type, so the mount can't get easily removed.

30ZVrQOISuW6evNj8kO2kQ.jpg

Last edited:
This is another Ram compatible solution. Attach a Quad Lock or other phone mount. A Ram arm can be added to lift it higher. Or the phone mount can be attached directly to the ball.

It is really rather SHOCKING how expensive all this stuff is just to mount something securely onto a motorcycle.

• The $50 Motopumps GPS + the $55 Givi mount
  • The $10 Ram Ball + $22 arm + $59 QuadLock iPhone case w/Ram mount bracket + $5 charging cable
  • $40 eBay Ram Ball mount + ??? for your brand of choice phone mount
  • There are many other options

But it looks like it pretty much costs $100 to stick a phone into your line of sight so you can use the GPS function. It is cheaper to mount to the handlebars. I'm glad my lovely wife doesn't know how much I spent accessorizing 2 motorcycles. She knows the costs of the bikes, but not all the expenses that have been added to the bikes. And it should be noted the prices above do NOT include shipping :(

FWIW, I run a simple iPhone cable up to charge my iPhone while riding. It plugs into the USB port inside my FRUNK. The USB port attaches to an idiot proof SAE connector that I run off the battery.

It is really rather SHOCKING how expensive all this stuff is just to mount something securely onto a motorcycle.

• The $10 Ram Ball + $22 arm + $59 QuadLock iPhone case w/Ram mount bracket + $5 charging cable

But it looks like it pretty much costs $100 to stick a phone into your line of sight so you can use the GPS function. It is cheaper to mount to the handlebars. I'm glad my lovely wife doesn't know how much I spent accessorizing 2 motorcycles. She knows the costs of the bikes, but not all the expenses that have been added to the bikes. And it should be noted the prices above do NOT include shipping :(

FWIW, I run a simple iPhone cable up to charge my iPhone while riding. It plugs into the USB port inside my FRUNK. The USB port attaches to an idiot proof SAE connector that I run off the battery.
Yes, I agree, it is crazy :)
I am going with the ebay holder you've suggested ($55 including shipment) + RAM arm ($13) +Quadlock ball adapter ($30) + Quad Lock Case for iPhone ($30) = total of $128...

Thank you for this excellent summary!

Back