• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

pgm-fi problems

Les1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I`m new to this site. I have a problem regarding NCX 750 DCT pgm-fi light which came on Saturday and never went off. I`ve fully charged the battery but the light stays on. any help would be extremely appreciated.

I'd probably try unhooking the ground cable for the battery for 10-15 minutes, then hooking back up and see if light is cleared. If it comes on again, obviously something is wrong and you'll have to figure that out. But no use chasing gremlins unless it comes on again or you are experiencing problems with the way the bike is running.

Thanks,I took the battery off to charge it,is that the same as disconnecting batt earth?

Yeah should be. From very brief research, looks like could be something based around the O2 sensor. But like I said, very brief....could be a plethora of things, I have no idea really.

Typically on a Honda, if the Malfunction Indicator Light is lit, you can read the fault code yourself. With the engine running and the transmission in neutral, lower the sidestand. The MIL will then blink out the two digit fault code. For example, eight blinks, a pause, then six blinks, would be fault code 86. Referring to the service manual, the code may indicate the source of the problem.

I’m not familiar with the later model 750 instrument panel, so I don’t know if the MIL and the PGM-FI lights are the same or separate.

On my ‘02 Goldwing, the PGM-FI light was lit and I was able to use the above method to read the fault code, which in that case was a bad oxygen sensor.

Thanks very much. If it was a low battery voltage which has now been recharged would the light go out or does it have to be reset?

Thanks very much. If it was a low battery voltage which has now been recharged would the light go out or does it have to be reset?
I can’t answer your question on the reset, but I would suggest reading the code while the light is still lit. If the light gets reset before you read the code, you will miss an opportunity to understand what the problem was.

Oddly, on the NC series, low battery voltage often shows a code that indicates a communication failure with the instrument panel.

Back