• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Paintwork Swap

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
I have recently bought a 2016 Nc750x in blue. I have changed my mind about the colour and would like something else.
Would anyone in the U.K. like to swap their paintwork for mine? I know it’s an unusual request but there maybe a person out there the same as me.
BTW my bike is in excellent condition.
If there are no takers I might have it sprayed in the winter. What colour do the forum members suggest?

For ideas, there are threads with photos of various colours of repaint jobs.

Personally, I think the blue is the best colour Honda ever put on the NC, but it’s unlikely to appear again. Honda likes to stick with play-it-safe colours like red, grey, and black.

I had an NC that I painted Sunburst (orange), but currently my NC is painted green. It matches our car.

BD179513-FC15-409F-94D0-05E03A76B2E3.jpegA6F718B3-DC18-4E83-8124-318175497BB0.jpeg

That looks nice in green.
What bellypan/sump guard is that?
The skid plate was hand made by a forum member here from Washington state in the US, that goes by the handle HondaBikePro. He is also the person that builds the flat racks that replace the passenger seat, also seen in my photo. I have since repurposed my NC for full time street duty, and I have removed and sold this skid plate.

I bought a '17, and I was really peeved that Canada got the blue while us yanks were stuck with another shade of red. It's a very nice red, the fastest ever put on the NC700.

But the blue is just the perfect hue for a bike.

If I were going to go custom colors, I would do the Honda tricolor.

I bought a '17, and I was really peeved that Canada got the blue while us yanks were stuck with another shade of red. It's a very nice red, the fastest ever put on the NC700.

I really like the red it’s my favourite colour for this bike. I am now disliking the blue, but I want a colour that’s different from the rest.

For ideas, there are threads with photos of various colours of repaint jobs.

Personally, I think the blue is the best colour Honda ever put on the NC, but it’s unlikely to appear again. Honda likes to stick with play-it-safe colours like red, grey, and black.

I had an NC that I painted Sunburst (orange), but currently my NC is painted green. It matches our car.

View attachment 42439View attachment 42440
This looks awesome!

That's weird, I am in Canada and wanted a blue one but couldn't find one - in fact I haven't even seen one. I have a 17 and it is red.

I’ve now decided on illusion blue the colour used on the new glowing. What does everyone think?
To the best of my knowledge, the newest Goldwing version only comes in bland colors, unless maybe the U.K. got better choices. Anyway, that Illusion Blue from the first generation GL1800 paint might be more expensive than most paints, and I would guess it requires a base coat and then a color coat and then a clear coat. But, it would look good with your grey panels on your NC model.

You asked what we think, and I like the blue you already have on your bike better, but it’s your bike, not mine.

Well I changed my mind again. Decided on a “solid” colour and not metallic went for Nardo Grey as used on Audi and BMW, just to be different. Not got any good photos yet but these should give you an idea.

Attachments

• 53B5C920-D38E-4851-ACD1-FCBE43F6B34F.jpeg
    53B5C920-D38E-4851-ACD1-FCBE43F6B34F.jpeg
    982.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 72C841F1-9184-4455-AA0C-09A96E084705.jpeg
    72C841F1-9184-4455-AA0C-09A96E084705.jpeg
    870.9 KB · Views: 25
  • BEA2BA0A-5258-405F-A8A6-EA3E7CE064ED.jpeg
    BEA2BA0A-5258-405F-A8A6-EA3E7CE064ED.jpeg
    931.5 KB · Views: 25
Well I changed my mind again. Decided on a “solid” colour and not metallic went for Nardo Grey as used on Audi and BMW, just to be different. Not got any good photos yet but these should give you an idea.
You mean like this colour (like grey primer)?DA124B79-3E52-4C08-BF8F-27B2A3B1D0FB.jpeg

Gray is perfect for almost any Honda. My last gray bike. The wife has already asked if/when I will be painting my 3 week old NC.
untitled-11-Edit-2.JPEG

Your bike looks great.

Back