• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oxfords warmer grips

Giuseppe

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone installed these on their NC750X? If so, what size did you use? They have Adventure, Touring, and Sport sizes, and since they are electrical, not returnable if opened, even for sizing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have installed the Oxford grips in my NC700X, and also on a CRF250L Rally. I’m fairly certain I used the adventure model in both case, and they fit the NC just fine. I like these heated grips.

I did buy a pair last year and haven't installed them yet. Now that it is getting much colder out i probably will very soon. :{)

I have the Oxford Adventure grips on another Honda ( VFR1200X). They are ok.......but.........never ever too hot, in cool weather conditions high setting is required and makes the lower setting almost useless. I am looking for better grips for the VFR.

I have Oxford ATV grips on an ATV.........rate them poor,

For a comparison I had Honda heated grips on a ST1300. Under similar conditions high setting was used and after 20 minutes of riding lower heat setting would be used.

Be careful when shopping as there are several versions of the same Oxford models. Pay particular attention to the controller and the type and style of the electrical connectors.

Last edited:
I have the Oxford Heaterz Touring grips. They fit just fine on my 2018 NC750X.

I don't think I've ever felt the need to go over 50%. I have handguards as well, so that helps keep the wind off, and I live in California, so the coldest I have ridden in is the high 30's.

A nice feature too is that they turn off automatically. I guess some kinds you have to remember to turn off.

Anyway, I really like mine. The grip itself is also a little thicker than factory, so it feels better in your hand.

Anyone know what the max wattage of these grips are? Want to make sure I’ve installed the correct inline fuse.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on these. Did you wire them directly to the battery, or use the accessory connector? The connector does have a 7.5 amp fuse so should be fine, but also want to save some of that capacity for other lights/accessories.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on these. Did you wire them directly to the battery, or use the accessory connector? The connector does have a 7.5 amp fuse so should be fine, but also want to save some of that capacity for other lights/accessories.
On my NC, the Oxford grips are wired to the accessory harness. I think the current draw is about 3.5 to 4 amps max, but it's rare I run them on high.

The new Oxfords (v8 controller?) supposedly sense lack of activity on the 12 volt line and shut off automatically soon after you turn the bike off. I didn't trust that, so on my CRF, I wired the Oxford grips power from the battery through a relay triggered from a key switched source, to be absolutely sure the grips shut off when the key is off.

Last edited:
I've had Oxford for years. I've replaced them after about 30.000 km because the grip surface gets worn.
Adventure, Touring, and Sport are the same wattage grips, only the outside thickness and texture differs. Good dealer would allow you to open the packages (without damaging them) and feel the grips. My personal preference is the touring grips.
The grips come with harness with connectors to connect directly to the bikes battery.
Fuse is included in the harness.
The grips are about 50-60 watts at 100%. Mine almost never go above 50% so they use less than 30 watts on the average.

The controller failed in my current bike. I loosened the controller so it was hanging by the wire, and forgot about it. The bike was standing outside in steady rain for few weeks. I believe water got inside the controller with the wire and killed it. The controller was full of water when I opened it. Anyway. I bought a new set and used the controller from that. I immediately noticed a difference. There is less heat on the lower settings in the new controller. So I think Oxford changed the programming recently.
I have practically never used the highest setting in either controller so they're plenty powerful for my use.
I would not hesitate to buy Oxford heated grips again.

Awesome, thanks for the positive review! The only thing I really don't like about the Oxford grips is that the controller is relatively big. I want to mount it somewhere up by the instrument cluster, if the wiring is long enough to allow for that (or maybe I will just make an extension cable and crimp on new connectors). To me, it doesn't make sense to have this big controller eating up real estate on the handlebars.

The Koso Apollo grips look really interesting, and I like how the button to control the temperature is right on the grip. But they are more expensive, have fewer reviews (although the reviews are all positive), and it seems like people are reporting that they don't get as hot as the Oxfords (maybe not important, but I plan to ride in ~30 F weather in Wisconsin this winter).

Would either of you (T.S.Z. or 670cc) mind sharing a picture of how you mounted the controller?

Awesome, thanks for the positive review! The only thing I really don't like about the Oxford grips is that the controller is relatively big. I want to mount it somewhere up by the instrument cluster, if the wiring is long enough to allow for that (or maybe I will just make an extension cable and crimp on new connectors). To me, it doesn't make sense to have this big controller eating up real estate on the handlebars.
————-
Would either of you (T.S.Z. or 670cc) mind sharing a picture of how you mounted the controller?
On my NC, I have the v7 controller mounted to the clutch lever clamp with the supplied mounting bracket.
96F26657-68E5-4BDF-A42D-0BF6D8A7BE95.jpeg

On my CRF, I have the v8 controller attached with Velcro to the top of the left fairing.
37776CE4-5269-400B-9D29-73F529B85546.jpeg

Last edited:
Back