• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oxford heated grips diameter and questions

Markino

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!
I'm thinking to install the Oxford Premium Sport heated grips on my bike but i have some questions:
- do you know the outer diameter of the grips? I have a very small hands so I'm looking for the thinner grips
- do you know the dimension of the controller? I don't like the controller on the handlebar so I'd like to put it somewhere in the bike...
- I know the grips could be connected directly to the battery but does really worth? What about if someone push the button while the bike is switched off and parked? The grips will power on even if in standby isn't it?
- I saw there is a new 2017 version with the v9 controller but I can't find the user manual in pdf to have a look at the new features... does it worth to spend much money for the new one?

Thanks!

I fitted the Premium Touring grips to my NC 750X, an excellent product by the way.
The only difficult bit was fitting the grips, when I say difficult it was just time consuming rubbing down the plastic on the throttle side.
The grips will fit all standard handle bars, with the throttle side being larger to fit over the throttle slider.
The newer versions have a built in cut out to turn the grips off when the bike has been switched off after a certain time, so no worries about hard wiring to the battery.
You have a good deal of spare cable to place the controller where you like, as I have a DCT version I had to fit it on the throttle side.
Check out the web site for more info, as I found that useful, plus as I mentioned earlier, well worth the money.

Thanks for reply!
Can you, or someone else, measure the outer diameter of the grips with a caliber? I just want to understand how thicker are than the original ones

Maybe I'm thinking of a different brand, but I do recall a brand of heated grip that had all the pertinent measurements and specs listed on its website.

I have the oxford adventure grips, and they are thicker than stock, but I find them to be more comfortable because of this.

I used doublesided tape and a solvent to mount them instead of the super glue.

Back