• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

owned 9 months and I just learned

mtiberio

Reaction score
gjm.site90.com
That the down shift thumb button works in automatic D mode... And yes it forced a downshift...
I had assumed it only worked in MT mode...

WTF?

Why is it I never heard that here?

That the down shift thumb button works in automatic D mode... And yes it forced a downshift...

WTF?

I am glad you posted this. Not because it revealed new information, but...

Owners make many assumptions about the DCT ; yea, it's a fairly new concept.
Although the owner's manual and some WWWeb articles describe how it works, there
are some areas that do need clarification.

Most of the times we settle on one method of riding the DCT, because it works
and s/he has done it that way since they started. No one took a "DCT101" class.
(I think Honda should develop one and the MSF should adopt it, sooner than later)
The point I am trying to make is that another option to override DCT downshifts is
to give the throttle a bit of twist or a bit more to shift down 1 or 2 gears.
Of course at any given situation, you would choose the appropriate override method.
As for me, I seldom use MT mode nor get into a situation where I would use the paddle shifter to downshift.
It's more fun to leave it in D or S and just twist and go!

WTF?

and the forefinger button on the same side forces an upshift, go figure......(only if the rev range allows, on either one)

I use these all the time as we live in an area that has many twisty roads and sudden elevation changes

Last edited:
Back