• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Our bikes

Just thought maybe some of you might like to see the bikes that sue and I are riding these days
My apologies to anyone who doesn't feel that these should be posted on a NC forum

I submit that forums are for riders not bikes. That looks like a very well rounded stable.

With that small garage you should ship at least a couple to me for storage. I have climate controlled space for 4+ cars. I would be happy to store for you and could exercise them for you if you really need me too ;)

Is the white one the CBF? Would love more pics. Mother Honda in her infinite wisdom decided we don't need that on the side of the world

Is the white one the CBF? Would love more pics. Mother Honda in her infinite wisdom decided we don't need that on the side of the world

The white one is Sue's CBF and the red one is mine. Both the same except mine has fairing lowers and panniers. The 600 Hornet (CB599?) is Sue's and the Deauville or NT700 I believe you call it is my commuter bike which replaced the NC

As DanH said, forums are for riders. You lucky dog. That's a great selection of 2-wheeled joy. Now you could post a pic or two of you and your lovely bride.

Very nice, mate :)

Hey, could we (me, lol) get a couple more close up detail pictures of the new NT and how the panniers look opened up, and so on, please? This is the bike where they are "built in", yes? And they have an option to put on deeper outside halves to increase the luggage space or not, over there? I know about those, but am not sure if they come from the factory already in the increased volume size, or you guys still have to purchase them as an option.

In an ever ironic turn, the US members get the NT's but Canada doesn't, and we get the CBF's and they don't. I was torn between a CBF600 or 1000 instead of my F800ST, but I really would have wanted an NT700. In the end unfortunately I picked the BMW, :( but I often wonder how things would have turned out if I had got one of the CBF's instead...

A bit late in the day here to take photos but I will try to get some tomorrow. The larger lids for the panniers are an optional extra but at the moment Honda are doing an offer with them + top box free. However due to shortage of space in the garage I opted to keep the standard ones.
I can however show you pictures of my 650 versions with the big lids and my previous 700 with the standard ones

700 with standard lids

1st 650 with wide lids

2nd 650 with big lids

Lovely indeed. Understand the harshness of the weather there and need for some added protection. Went this saturday for a short ride to a local hardware store and back, total of 30 min out of which 20 on a highway, going 100km/h on a serious rain and some gushing wind ; point being i was dreaming about something like those beauties of yours, while threading water all over the garage from my rain suit :(

Lovely indeed. Understand the harshness of the weather there and need for some added protection. Went this saturday for a short ride to a local hardware store and back, total of 30 min out of which 20 on a highway, going 100km/h on a serious rain and some gushing wind ; point being i was dreaming about something like those beauties of yours, while threading water all over the garage from my rain suit :(

The point is not having a car the Deauville is used as my daily transport all year round inc my 37 mile trip each way to/from work so weather protection is important to me. That +shaft drive were the reasons that I changed back from the NC* despite the fact that I still rate the NC as a very good bike.

* +of course a seat that doesn't do an impression of a plank of wood

Very nice, mate :)

Hey, could we (me, lol) get a couple more close up detail pictures of the new NT and how the panniers look opened up, and so on, please? This is the bike where they are "built in", yes? And they have an option to put on deeper outside halves to increase the luggage space or not, over there? I know about those, but am not sure if they come from the factory already in the increased volume size, or you guys still have to purchase them as an option.

In an ever ironic turn, the US members get the NT's but Canada doesn't, and we get the CBF's and they don't. I was torn between a CBF600 or 1000 instead of my F800ST, but I really would have wanted an NT700. In the end unfortunately I picked the BMW, :( but I often wonder how things would have turned out if I had got one of the CBF's instead...

Here is a shot of the panniers on my new NT700 in the open position. The ignition key operates the lock that you can see. This opens both sides. There is then a catch which you can see by its red section. This can only be seen when the lid is open. You can just see the section that goes through to the opposite pannier allowing the carrying of tubes French loaves etc.
I hope this helps. if you have any other questions please ask

Here is a shot of the panniers on my new NT700 in the open position. The ignition key operates the lock that you can see. This opens both sides. There is then a catch which you can see by its red section. This can only be seen when the lid is open. You can just see the section that goes through to the opposite pannier allowing the carrying of tubes French loaves etc.
I hope this helps. if you have any other questions please ask

Awesome, thanks! :cool: You have a Work cat? How cute is that :D

Wow, those larger pannier lids really *are* quite a jump in size! I didn't realize they were that much bigger. I can see it becoming a fitment issue in that case! :eek:

I've always loved the internal pass through hole between the sides, it's something I somehow think of as a: "only Honda would have thought to do that" kinda thing.

:nosy LBS: :eek:

Are there any other cubbies or little storage compartments kicking about? How would you say the day to day carrying of stuff between the NCX and the NT700 compares? I imagine the NT wins out there, if both bikes are totally stock, with the NCX edging out maybe, if panniers are fitted as well.

The reason for this question, is, I too, just use motorbikes for all my tasks, and with my BMW, it was a pain, because I had to always fuss with putting on/taking off panniers to actually use the thing for practical purposes. (my parking conditions at home and work prohibit the size of a full saddlebag equipped bike getting in and out)

With the NCX, it's so cool that I can fit an incredibly varied amount of kit inside it without having to lug heavy panniers up and down the stairs, in and out of the house, move my bike, install, come home, remove, park, lug, lug, lug... Lol.

I imagine having an NT (with the narrower lids) would be just as great to benefit from, in my particular case, as an NCX.

Back