• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Original Touring Shield

Hi happy,
So happy for you! Yes, the stand should be standard fare, but most manufacturers do not agree. That screen really looks the business. A review comparing with the standard one is next, I hope?
Enjoy!!

My review:
1. The metal holder (metal welding) is of very high quality (honda, what did you expect? :p) I am sure I can find something small to hang on it soon.
2. There is some wind noise but it is personal due to helmet and rider-height
3. There is no wind getting under my helmet chin (old one SHARK) anymore
4. The shield looks clear and of a good thickness (not too thin it will crack, and not too thick like plexi-glass)
5. There is of course, not a single "windblast" on my chest area, in fact it is kind of "warm" now...(today we had 30 deg C)
6. The mirrors "narrowly" miss the shield with a clever cut out area (when fully tilted to one side).
7. It is original Honda, no mistakes as expected.
8. At 359chf, it is a rip-off. Luckily I got it almost for free, I just had to buy the bike.:cool:

Of course, it is nothing to get overly excited about.
I am sure other makers will do a similarly good job.
They just won't have the "Honda" sign on it.

BTW, some people may ask, why is the edges with a rubber thingy?
It is to reduce (actually absorb) vibrations and prevent cracks.

With this tall shield, my NCX is looking more and more like a darn good looking tourer (with her cute little 35L box).

Last edited:
Thanks for the review,Happy! really does look the part, I have my eye on the Puig product, just waiting for it to arrive here. Honda's original is expensive, how did you manage to get so much extra goodies basically for free? a little jealous there... Enjoy all the same!

I bought the larger shield from Honda and returned it the day after. I could just not stand it. From 50 km/h I got a low frequency buffeting and noise that just accelerated in vibrations and noise as I got faster. At highway speeds it was absolutely not bearable to stand the shaking of my helmet and the noise level of the buffeting got way out of what a human can stand. Dreadful is a summarizing.

Other people love the larger shield.
Why? :)

I bought the larger shield from Honda and returned it the day after. I could just not stand it. From 50 km/h I got a low frequency buffeting and noise that just accelerated in vibrations and noise as I got faster. At highway speeds it was absolutely not bearable to stand the shaking of my helmet and the noise level of the buffeting got way out of what a human can stand. Dreadful is a summarizing.

Not sure why, but I will let you know if I can "stand" it. On Sunday, we are going again to the Black forrest.
This time with the new shield, mainstand, and also a GPS (I just fixed it DIY again).

Watch this space!
=========update=====
I put on some earplugs (very eerily silent, I forgot how silent it was)....and there is no wind noise at all!
So, Chris, maybe you can try some ear plugs on (but then you already returned the touring shield).

Last edited:

I think that it down to the size of the rider. at 5'9" I find the higher screen ideal on the motorway section of my commute at speeds around 80-85 MPH

I went on a day-tour (6 hours) with this touring shield fitted in Black Forrest, there is a significant reduction in windblast to the chest. A good size for me. It killed a lot of flies too.I went last weekend at 130-140kmh (around 30 mins) on the autobahn, there is significant improved protection compared to the original shield. I still have the opinion this is a good investment. Just my 2 cents. My other friend was "hiding" badly behind his mini-shield of his BMW F800R. :p

I never tried the Honda touring screen because of it's mid sized height. My experience with mid height screens is that they are very noisy, directing the wind blast at your neck or helmet. In my opinion, you would be better off with the clean air from no windscreen, or a taller screen (taller than the Honda Touring) that directs the wind over the top of your helmet. The Honda Touring screen might work OK with an MRA deflector mounted on top.

Last edited:
I bought the Puig Touring Windscreen and returned it the next day . the wind noise was horrific . i got up to 45 MPH and turned around , went home and took it off.

I have the Honda Touring screen. Bike came with it. I have a clamp on the top of it, and a string tied to the clamp which I then tie to the handlebar in order to pull the top of the screen back and down. My goal was to retain the amount of body shielding the screen affords, but stop the turbulence on my helmet. I accomplished that objective, but of course there are trade-offs. This makes full-force wind push on my helmet, does nothing to help deflect bees or general 'stuff' from hitting my neck and head, and makes wind noise...different. It's kind of louder, but also kind of not. It's just a different character of wind noise altogether. I think it would be considerably louder if I didn't wear 33db ear plugs at all times under my full-face helmet.

Back