• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ordered Spiegler Stainless braided Brake Lines

Juan_Banjovy

Reaction score
Visit site
Shipped today but I'll wait until it's time to change brake fluid before installing. Maybe this winter. I would have waited to order but I learned sometimes the product is no longer available once I need it. I was hoping to find a set of Speed Bleeders too but their website doesn't show them for the NC700X. I emailed them to ask because there's a wide range of metric sizes & I'd think some may work. I don't know the thread pitch & size of the stock screws.

I would venture a guess that the bleeder screw thread size on the caliper is pretty much the same on all Honda bikes. The last two or three Hondas I've owned appeared to use the exact same bleeder screw. If you go to a web based site, such as CheapCycleParts.com, you can do comparisons and since the bleeder screw is considered a piece of hardware in Hondaworld, it will have a number similar to a bolt or nut. That may be a way for you to order speed bleeders from another model that will fit your NC700X.

The other "normal parts have" 3-digits/letters in the middle of the P/N sequence that is the Model Code from when the bike was first designed, such as MB0, MN5, etc.

Last edited:
Are you having issues with the original brake lines? Or do you just prefer braided lines?

JT

Stock brake lines are fine. I'll keep this bike until I'm too old to ride which may be another 10-15 years & by then I'd replace the lines anyway. I thought I'd make the most of that single front disc until then. Update: They said the Speed Bleeder part is: SB8125L for front & rear.

Last edited:
Hey Juan, so you ordered a new pair of brake lines(for front & rear), what did that run you may i ask? Could you share the link, i'd like to check them out. :{)

Shipped today but I'll wait until it's time to change brake fluid before installing. Maybe this winter. I would have waited to order but I learned sometimes the product is no longer available once I need it. I was hoping to find a set of Speed Bleeders too but their website doesn't show them for the NC700X. I emailed them to ask because there's a wide range of metric sizes & I'd think some may work. I don't know the thread pitch & size of the stock screws.
I have some on the way also, but mine will go onto 3 pot front calipers. Will see how big the difference is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Although I've never made the swap to braided lines on any of my bikes, I'd guess that not much difference could be felt when the bike and its brake hoses are fairly new.

Last edited:
Hey Juan, so you ordered a new pair of brake lines(for front & rear), what did that run you may i ask? Could you share the link, i'd like to check them out. :{)

$129.95 for both front & rear plus $13.50 for shipping. A little more than OEM price but should last longer. Comes in different colors for extra $$ but I got standard clear cover over silver. Bikebandit has OEM front & rear at $41.95 & $37.95. I got mine direct from Spiegler but Revzilla has the same price & has a video + reviews so I'll use that link: Spiegler Front And Rear Brake Line Kit Honda NC700X 2012-2016 - RevZilla

Do these kits work on ABS models? I have a US model 2013 NC700XD. I need to flush and replace the brake fluid and I was thinking about tackling this job at the same time. Seven year old brake lines, only 6k mi on the bike, and I figure I may keep it another decade.

Do these kits work on ABS models? I have a US model 2013 NC700XD. I need to flush and replace the brake fluid and I was thinking about tackling this job at the same time. Seven year old brake lines, only 6k mi on the bike, and I figure I may keep it another decade.
I think they're the same for manual or DCT. Not certain but I checked on their website for the 2013 & it didn't specify either one, just the model & year. Just to be sure though I'd call them. 1-937-291-1735

What Lee said. The 2012 and 2013 ABS models have a three piston front caliper and more complicated brake hose arrangement. ABS and non-ABS hose kits would be vastly different from each other.

Back