• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Online Source for Key Blanks HD109's for $0.95

I ended up ordering some honda OEM blanks from Ebay($16) and a local locksmith cut them. I was in the same boat as you. Then picked up some regular blanks to make a dedicated frunk key.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The local Ace hardware had both HD 109 and HD105 I got two of each and cut for less then $13

Merging thread with an existing one having similar content.

Last edited:
I used hd109 which I think is the consensus key blank for 2015 and earlier. Don't know if it changed for 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From: Honda HD109A (CBR954RR / CBR1000RR) Motorcycle Key (JET)

"So here's the story. Honda started using a key everyone called the HD109 a long time ago. Jet came along and decided to call it an HD114. Or maybe they called it that first. Whatever, everyone calls it the HD109. Then Honda starts using a new key, same as the HD109, except the shoulders are cut back a little bit. Jet is the first to market with the new key and, smart asses that they are, they decided to call it an HD109. We call it the HD109-A key because nobody else sells it and has given it a name yet. We obviously can't go around calling it the HD109 simply because Jet, in their infinite wisdom, decided to screw with our minds. So... we're just waiting for Ilco to come up with a new EZ name for it to put an end to the confusion. Hope that helps."

That’s as clear as mud. But, I bought a new 2017 CRF250L Rally (Thailand built), went to the store and got a duplicate made from an HD109 blank and it works fine in that bike, too. So when there comes a time it’s a problem, I’ll worry about it then.

Last edited:
But how many keys do new NC700's come with anyway?

Mine only had one and it's not a normal key, like the ones I've had on my Kawasaki Ninjas. My locksmith (I will never use OSH Hardware and their computer-made keys again, they failed to match a simple key twice) says he can cut to match it.

HD109 works the ignition, frunk and any OEM panniers or rear box that are keyed to match the ignition, HD105 is a shorter version that only works the panniers and/or rear case that's OEM
I got mine made at Orchard hardware store 2 of each and cut for less then $10 and all worked flawlessly

But how many keys do new NC700's come with anyway?

Mine only had one and it's not a normal key, like the ones I've had on my Kawasaki Ninjas. My locksmith (I will never use OSH Hardware and their computer-made keys again, they failed to match a simple key twice) says he can cut to match it.

The HD109 discussed here is for NC700X 2015 and earlier, and without HISS.

The 2016+ “laser cut” non-HISS keys would need an entirely different blank. I believe it‘s Honda part number [FONT=&quot]35121-MJE-A02, but I don’t know if there is an aftermarket version.

I’d think your NC should have been delivered new with two keys. Every vehicle I’ve ever bought new had two keys, transponders, fobs, etc. [/FONT]

Last edited:
I've had key cutting problems. The HD109 key blanks at my locksmith have the shoulders in the wrong position. The cut keys do not work in the ignition.

JT

Back