• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Online manual NC700X

bobk100

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All.

Picked up my 2012 NC700X yesterday. Quite different from my BMW F650 that I had for 20 yrs.

Unfortunately the booklet is in Dutch (I'm in Belgium) so I'm looking for a recommended online manual.

The sales guy recommended 98 octane fuel because of the water content of 95. Any thoughts?

The screen appears different to the manual in that this comes with two captive nuts welded to a bar which alas will not fit into the upper screen adjustment. The original looks as though the screen was held by the 'rubber bung' system. So I'm guessing the bung system was insecure and the previous owner opted for a later option of the captive nuts?

Anyway - I'm enjoying the experience and will gradually tailor the bike to my likeing. So smooth!

Regards

You could visit the Honda web site for your country or continent and see if they have a customer support section where you could download the appropriate owner’s manual.

The octane rating system varies from country to country, so without knowing what rating system is used where you live, the numbers 95 or 98 mean nothing to me. However, the octane rating has nothing to do with water content in gasoline, so I would ignore anything the sales guy says about recommended fuel. When you get your owner’s manual, follow the octane recommendation therein.

It looks like you have the honda larger screen.

As for the fuel, in europe we have euro 95 (octane 95, e10 = 10 % ethanol) and super plus 98 (octane 98, e5 =5% additive, not ethanol). The ethanol can absorb some water. This may cause your tank to rust if not used often. It may also create goo in your fuel system and even eat rubber grommets. A lot of scooters have problems with this fuel also.The carb from my ktm i have taken apart more then i wanted to. I am now using the super for the ktm.

The super is not mixed with bio ethanol at all. It is some other 5% additive.

For the honda i fill her up with super every other time.

If you put the bike away for awhile, make sure your last fuel is super plus

Last edited:
Ethanol additive does attract water, but not to a huge extent. Unless you plan on leaving gas in the tank for extended periods of time (3-6 months) without adding stabilizer or draining it before use, you will be fine.

In Wisconsin, USA, Ethanol-free fuel is very hard to find and much more expensive.

Yes it can also deteriorate certain gasket and o-ring materials, but a modern Honda won't have any of these incompatible types of seals in the fuel system. Nothing to worry about on a modern bike.

Ethanol additive does attract water, but not to a huge extent. Unless you plan on leaving gas in the tank for extended periods of time (3-6 months) without adding stabilizer or draining it before use, you will be fine.

In Wisconsin, USA, Ethanol-free fuel is very hard to find and much more expensive.

Yes it can also deteriorate certain gasket and o-ring materials, but a modern Honda won't have any of these incompatible types of seals in the fuel system. Nothing to worry about on a modern bike.

Depends where you live...........ethanol free is available at every Kwik Trip up north ( Wisconsin). It is more expensive especially in premium grade.

Find pure gas in your location:

Back