• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

coopdigidydog

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. Changed oil succesfully but now oil light comes on after ignition is on but not running. I've been told there is a procedure but I don't know what it is. Can anyone inform me of the procedure or a link to it? I've googled it and can't find it. Thanks for reading!

The oil light comes on when the key is on but engine is not running, because there is no oil pressure. This is normal. There may be a delay in the light going off when the engine is first run after a filter change because it takes a few seconds to fill the filter.

There is no maintenance minder or oil light reset procedure on an NC series motorcycle. Start the engine and run it a few seconds. If the light doesn't go out, there is possibly no oil or insufficient oil in the engine.

The oil light comes on when the key is on but engine is not running, because there is no oil pressure. This is normal. There may be a delay in the light going off when the engine is first run after a filter change because it takes a few seconds to fill the filter.

There is no maintenance minder or oil light reset procedure on an NC series motorcycle. Start the engine and run it a few seconds. If the light doesn't go out, there is possibly no oil or insufficient oil in the engine.
Great! Thanks. I couldn't remember before if this was the case or not.

Adding to 670’s explanation, the oil light comes on before starting, to verify that the lamp( bulb) is operational. As 670 said, it should go out a few seconds after starting

Adding to 670’s explanation, the oil light comes on before starting, to verify that the lamp( bulb) is operational. As 670 said, it should go out a few seconds after starting
That makes real sense, and is a fact for everything car or bike I’ve ever owned. That was until I bought a 2020 Toyota RAV4. Switch on the ignition and you get a Christmas tree of lights, but no oil light. Toyota tell me that it only comes on when there is an oil problem.

I guess Toyota are saving millions by not having an oil light appear when you switch the ignition on.

Back