• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oil Extractor?

Mercedes and many other manufacturers have used the extraction oil system for over 10 years In dealer service.
It‘s fast, simple, no lift, no drain plug, filter is serviced from the top, 100% of the oil is removed.

Some manufacturers design the dip stick tube to be used with an extractor.

Good or bad news........but.......In the future we likely see the drain plugs disappear. Same with metal oil filter witha change to element style filters. Oil filter in land fills are a concern.......element style are more friendly to recycled waste.

Extraction oil changes are not new.........common on inboard boats for 70 years or more.

I have used an extraction device for my RV for 10 years. Checked the drain plug after sucking it dry.......not a drop of oil came out. 13 qts of HOT oil in minutes with no mess. The common method is a stiff nylon tube down the dip stick tube, but the technique varies with manufacturers and models. Most are air powered vacuum pump, electric and hand pumps are common just not in a dealer. Those boats used a drill powered pump.

Obviously this is not DIY system..........Link Mercedes dealer system:

Last edited:
The 2020 version of the oil thread...we can now disagree on the best oil and how to take it out. Any votes for who cares how you take it out as long as it gets changed?

Well there is this:

Just Check & Add™ Technology
Never Change the Oil - Ever
Engine maintenance made easy with no oil changes needed ever*. Simply check your oil levels, and add as you go.

Add this:

Click and Clack had a 30 year discussion on if the engine burns a quart in 1000 miles........your add a quart every 1000 miles..........do you really need to change the oil ?

How about a plastic pan and plastic plug for better idea...........now that extraction idea starts to make sense ? The plug is not reuseable?

199CB737-01E7-4F45-A85C-0CB768031A5C.png

Last edited:
Well there is this:

Just Check & Add™ Technology
Never Change the Oil - Ever
Engine maintenance made easy with no oil changes needed ever*. Simply check your oil levels, and add as you go.

Add this:

Click and Clack had a 30 year discussion on if the engine burns a quart in 1000 miles........your add a quart every 1000 miles..........do you really need to change the oil ?

How about a plastic pan and plastic plug for better idea...........now that extraction idea starts to make sense ? The plug is not reuseable?

View attachment 42646

Wouldnt work with a Honda. Doesn't burn oil ;)

I’m just amazed this went 2 pages! I guess any thread on oil or tires just takes on a life of their own. :)

Last edited:
Back