• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oh for pity's sake....

DanH

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's 3:30 in the morning. I just came in from the garage. I got up to start an Iron Butt run and my bike is dead. Last night when I went out to get the mileage, I left the key on. My wife has the jumper cables in her car but she has taken the kids and the dog to visit friends, leaving me free to ride 1000 miles just because. But here I sit waiting for the charger to get enough charge in the battery to start the bike.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sorry about your hard start to a hard day... I guess you called it off since you just posted about 30 minutes ago and that's 3 hours later than you wanted to be at home.

:(. What a heartbreaker.

No calling it off. :) This might be my one opportunity this year. Anyway, almost 6 am and the bike is running. I'll let it run a bit and I'm off. Wish me luck.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Those maintenance free batteries do take a few hours to charge. Mine took 3 hours, as I also left my lights on this week. Hope you get to RIDE!

Last edited:
I am more concerned with something like that happening while away from home. I do carry an antigravity battery in the frunk. It will jump the bike and I also use it to charge devices when camping where there is no electricity. I charge the battery back up when on the move.

When the battery is dead in the NC7, push starting does not even work. I had my daughter, her king kong boyfriend, and my son push me all over the neighborhood, and popping the clutch in any gear would not start the NC7. When those maintenance free batteries are dead, they are dead! To quote Burt Munro "When your dead, your dead."

Last edited:
When the battery is dead in the NC7, push starting does not even work. I had my daughter, her king kong boyfriend, and my son much me all over the neighborhood, and popping the clutch in any gear would not start the NC7. When those maintenance free batteries are dead, they are dead! To quote Burt Munro "When your dead, your dead."

Electronic fuel injection. Electronic being the key word. I believe the fuel pump has to build the pressure up for the mixture to get where it needs to go. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Will the bike run with a dead battery once a jumper battery provides the power to the fuel pump and the motor starts?

Cigar Mike, I believe you are correct. After leaving my lights on, I pushed my old 1978 so many times with the carbs and it fired each and every time. Knew it had to be something I just was not thinking about. Thanks!

I am more concerned with something like that happening while away from home. I do carry an antigravity battery in the frunk. It will jump the bike and I also use it to charge devices when camping where there is no electricity. I charge the battery back up when on the move.

I will get one of those! Hopefully before I need it!

Wonder how our intrepid traveler is doing?

Back