• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oh boy, what did I just do!

The good low end grunt of the NC will make it an excellent bike for a rider just learning a manual tranny. It's hard to kill this engine when leaving from a stop. That, the flat powerband and the moderate peak power will work out really well for the OP. The powerband is flat enough that at any time at least three different gears are acceptable, making it forgiving of gear choice mistakes.

The biggest reason for getting the non-dct model was price. The manual is way cheaper, and I might as well learn sometime to shift a bike!

The biggest reason for getting the non-dct model was price. The manual is way cheaper, and I might as well learn sometime to shift a bike!

It's really not that tough. My dealer did not have a DCT when I bought my bike. I have asked myself what I would have done given the choice. Most likely I would have still bought a manual. I like having complete control over the RPMs. I've done the same thing with my jeep wranglers over the years. I always buy a standard and that is actually getting tough to find. Almost have to special order them now.

Several people that have bought the DCT for physical reasons. At least that has been my impression. It is fun to shift and I think after you get the hang of it you'll like it. In flying planes they always say the landing is the hardest part. With motorcycles taking off is the toughest. Once you get rolling it's easy.

It's really not that tough. My dealer did not have a DCT when I bought my bike. I have asked myself what I would have done given the choice. Most likely I would have still bought a manual. I like having complete control over the RPMs. I've done the same thing with my jeep wranglers over the years. I always buy a standard and that is actually getting tough to find. Almost have to special order them now.

Several people that have bought the DCT for physical reasons. At least that has been my impression. It is fun to shift and I think after you get the hang of it you'll like it. In flying planes they always say the landing is the hardest part. With motorcycles taking off is the toughest. Once you get rolling it's easy.

I find it important to not "take off" with the motorcycle. Two wheels both on the ground at all times (well so far). :)

Commute on mine nightly (almost kinda cold on some nights), couldn't be happier, in a day you'll forget that your even shifting.

I've always found that shifting is one of the real pleasures of riding (or driving for that matter). I'm sure you'll really enjoy learning to change gears and generally getting to know your new bike. I think you will find the weight/balance thing different though, coming from a scooter, so take care and don't be surprised if it takes a little while to get used to it. Balance is no problem in a straight line or cornering at sensible speeds, but new bike riders can get caught out when doing slow speed manoeuvres such as tight slow corners, parking, turning in the garage, etc.

Keep us posted when you get it. Only a couple more weeks.... :cool:

If we get any more snow it will be July untill he gets to ride lol.

Yeah, figures the time I decide to buy a motorcycle the weather turns to crap! Of course so far we aren't having a mild winter this year! :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Congrats!!!!!!!!I bought my NC700X DCT before having license, experience MSF course, etc. And I have 4 months with it and I love it!!!!!! You will too!

Congrats! I think you've made an excellent choice. I bought mine almost exactly a year ago and it made the week of Christmas seem to take forever. On the shifting, don't sweat it. This bike practically shifts itself! (Hehhehe;)) All kidding aside, shifting becomes second nature in no time and 670cc hit the nail on the head: this engine's hugely wide power band would be very forgiving to a newer rider. Sometimes I miss shifting, just not in stop and go traffic (which is what I commute in).

Went in today to sign papers and look over the bike with the accesories installed. The dealer goofed and thought I said I wanted the top case with the rack. I would have known I ordered a $300 top case or not. I told them I didn't order it nor did I want it. Went around and around on it. Long story short, I ended up getting it for free! Bike is supposed to be delivered next week. Most likely on Thursday. Looking forward to it

Went in today to sign papers and look over the bike with the accesories installed. The dealer goofed and thought I said I wanted the top case with the rack. I would have known I ordered a $300 top case or not. I told them I didn't order it nor did I want it. Went around and around on it. Long story short, I ended up getting it for free! Bike is supposed to be delivered next week. Most likely on Thursday. Looking forward to it

Top case for free, Nice!

Best of luck, and it is a fun bike to ride. Seat is the only drawback, but an Air Hawk fixed that for me. Top truck is nice for carrying everything and stuffing the helmet in. This is my 7th bike I have owned and one of the smoothest to ride. My next purchase will be a windscreen for highway riding.:cool:

Best of luck, and it is a fun bike to ride. Seat is the only drawback, but an Air Hawk fixed that for me. Top truck is nice for carrying everything and stuffing the helmet in. This is my 7th bike I have owned and one of the smoothest to ride. My next purchase will be a windscreen for highway riding.:cool:

Yeah, I'll probably be looking at a bigger windscreen next, and maybe the center stand

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back