• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Center stand is a little sketchy IMO

Interesting. The only bike I will push off the centerstand while standing alongside is my 170 pound scooter. For every other motorcycle or larger scooter I will ALWAYS sit on the machine while pushing off the centerstand. I shudder when I picture myself doing it standing off to the side. Feels like a dropped bike waiting to happen.
I've been doing it this way all of my life.

Interesting. The only bike I will push off the centerstand while standing alongside is my 170 pound scooter. For every other motorcycle or larger scooter I will ALWAYS sit on the machine while pushing off the centerstand. I shudder when I picture myself doing it standing off to the side. Feels like a dropped bike waiting to happen.
I've almost always stood next to the bike and pulled it off the center stand. I hate the huge thonk the stand makes when it slaps against the bike if I don't put my foot on the lift pedal as it swings upwards.

It's usually a smooth process for me. Usually....

Well I always put kickstand down first and make sure it leans toward me when it comes down off the center stand. I also grab both handlebars when I push it off the stand and grab the front brake as soon as it comes down.

Well I always put kickstand down first and make sure it leans toward me when it comes down off the center stand. I also grab both handlebars when I push it off the stand and grab the front brake as soon as it comes down.
I do the same, front brake immediately when bot tires are on the ground. You guys have to try getting a Burgman 650 off of the center stand, I found it nearly impossible sitting on and stood on the side for 10 years taking her off the stand, if you can do the burgman you can do any bike

I've almost always stood next to the bike and pulled it off the center stand. I hate the huge thonk the stand makes when it slaps against the bike if I don't put my foot on the lift pedal as it swings upwards.

It's usually a smooth process for me. Usually....
Yes, I hate the thonk. When I roll off the stand while sitting on the bike, my left foot is on the centerstand lever as it flips up, dampening the thonk.

lol being a munchkin I always stand to the left side with both hands on the bars, push forward and squeeze the front brake as it lands, and immediately put it on the side stand. I always fill the bike's gas tanks on the side stands as well. As a matter of fact, about the only time they are on a centerstand is when they are getting service that requires one ... bath, oil change, chain adjustment or lube, or maybe load up saddlebags for a trip. Still that is the very first thing I ordered for my NC.

lol being a munchkin I always stand to the left side with both hands on the bars, push forward and squeeze the front brake as it lands, and immediately put it on the side stand. I always fill the bike's gas tanks on the side stands as well. As a matter of fact, about the only time they are on a centerstand is when they are getting service that requires one ... bath, oil change, chain adjustment or lube, or maybe load up saddlebags for a trip. Still that is the very first thing I ordered for my NC.
Littlie dudes for the win!!

My wife's current Burgman 400 is a total pain to get it onto the center stand and off. Slippery garage floor makes the task dangerous. My V-Strom is easy on, easy off, even for my wife.
Another reason she wants to trade her Burgman.
We will take easy, any day, compared to Burgman center stand.
2021 NC750X here we come!

As tall as the NC is while on the center stand, I'd assume most anyone pushes it off the stand from the side standing on the ground. I'm pretty long legged and have done it both ways. I much prefer pushing it off the center stand while standing beside it rather than doing so while on the bike.
I do it both ways, depending on where the bike is located (it's up against the wall in my garage - stand next to it. It's free standing in the parking lot at work - sit on it to get it off. It takes a good effort on and off. I'm not sure how a light weight would get it up in the first place.
Quite honestly, I don't trust the side stand. I won't use it without the parking break because I've had it try to roll away a couple of times!

I have a 2020 NC, with OEM center stand - exact same setup as you. I think it's solid on mine. When I get on it to go, I get on with the center stand and then throw my entire body forward to rock the bike forward. Even at 230 lbs, it doesn't always work the first time.

I have a 2020 NC, with OEM center stand - exact same setup as you. I think it's solid on mine. When I get on it to go, I get on with the center stand and then throw my entire body forward to rock the bike forward. Even at 230 lbs, it doesn't always work the first time.
I love the center stand I'm just afraid of it getting bumped off of it relatively easily. People in NYC are jerks and have no problem. Touching or trying to move a machine to make room for their cars.

My second bike Versys 300, SW-motech center stand, was way to easy to bump from behind.
Used a grinder to deepen the resting detent area and that improved it.

Burgs are difficult, old 400 would slide across the garage floor.
Getting it on the stand, look for Youtube girl using center stand on Burgman 650.
Also, to get off the center stand, try a real quick bounce (push rear down) then forward.

“I'm not sure how a light weight would get it up in the first place.”
Using a center stand has nothing to do with weight. I’m 150 lbs in street clothes and use the center stand on all my bikes, 883 lb. Goldwing included.

I always push the bike off the center stand while sitting in the seat. By sliding off to one side of the seat I can only use 1 foot to push it forward but it’s a good push.

Using a center stand has nothing to do with weight. I’m 150 lbs in street clothes and use the center stand on all my bikes, 883 lb. Goldwing included.

I always push the bike off the center stand while sitting in the seat. By sliding off to one side of the seat I can only use 1 foot to push it forward but it’s a good push.
Please try doing that with a Burgman 650 and report back, I'm sure you will then fully understand.

Back