• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Center stand is a little sketchy IMO

InfernoST

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all
Just got done installing the OEM center stand on my 2020 750 and am not totally pleased with it even though it will make maintenance easier. I don't know what the general consensus is here but I find it WAAAAAYYYYYY to easy to push it off of the stand, when my Burgman 650 was put on the center stand it took a really good effort to get it off of the stand which gave me confidence the bike would still be standing when I returned to it.

I have the OEM center stand on my 2018 and the sw motech on my 2013. Don’t notice much of a difference. I’m pleased with the OEM

Hi all
Just got done installing the OEM center stand on my 2020 750 and am not totally pleased with it even though it will make maintenance easier. I don't know what the general consensus is here but I find it WAAAAAYYYYYY to easy to push it off of the stand, when my Burgman 650 was put on the center stand it took a really good effort to get it off of the stand which gave me confidence the bike would still be standing when I returned to it.
In reading this forum for almost 8 years, yours is the first post to voice any concern about the OEM centerstand’s apparent stability. I guess since nobody reported the stand folding unexpectedly, nor has mine given me any cause for concern, then the OEM stand is OK In my book.

Do you have both springs installed?

In reading this forum for almost 8 years, yours is the first post to voice any concern about the OEM centerstand’s apparent stability. I guess since nobody reported the stand folding unexpectedly, nor has mine given me any cause for concern, then the OEM stand is OK In my book.

Do you have both springs installed?
Yes i do have both springs installed, You would have to live in NYC to understand what I mean I be EASY. Have you ever tried to put a Burgman 650 on and off it's center stand? This is what I'm used to even though it really requires the proper technique it really instills confidence once she is on the center stand!

Makes a body wonder…. I would never have thought of mine as being easy to roll off the center stand. It takes a pretty good bit of oomph,
Try the Burgman 650. We have too many idiots here in NYC that bang into bikes all of the time and try to move them. Burgie was 650+ lbs this bike is an appreciated 200lbs lighter.

I 'hump it off the stand' and it takes a pretty good push! If I weighed under whatever it is I weigh, I think it would be pretty difficult. I think I read somewhere on here that there may be different height stands for different years. Perhaps you've got the wrong vintage?

Rachet strap or otherwise tie the center stand to the front wheel. Not convenient but it’s not a Burgman 650 either.

Both my NC's have center stands, zero issues with either, and I use them all the time.

However, I will say this.....one of my NC's has built forks with heavier springs suited for my weight. This raised the front of the NC up probably an inch or so. This added front suspension height makes that one much easier to pop up on the center stand than my other one, although it doesn't take much more effort to pop the other one on its center stand either. But there is a noticeable difference in on and off the center stand. I wouldn't say either are easily knocked off the center stand though.

Hi all

I have to give the bike a considerable push to get it off the stand. I have the Honda OEM stand.

I even took both wheels off while the bike was on the stand. I had it ratchet strapped to prevent it from snapping down, and I had jack stands and blocks ready to take up the weight of the front forks, but honestly it was solid and well balanced the whole time, with just a couple lbs of weight on the front. I let it set for a whole day with no wheels while I got the tyres replaced, no issues.

Not sure what factors would cause the stand on your bike to push forward easily. Maybe different size/weight tires, or differences in geometry between model years?

As a former Burgman 650 owner I agree that the Burgman is harder to get off the stand, with my super smooth garage floor if I tried to pull the Burgman while standing next to it the whole bike would just slide forward.I had to be sitting on it and push off with my feet to get it off the stand. Now with the NC I have to pull it off because my feet won't reach the floor while on the center stand. Most of the weight of the Burgman is ahead of the center stand while the NC is more evenly balanced. I had a coupe of airhead BMW's they were so evenly balanced while on the center stand that I could use one finger to rock it from the front wheel on the ground to the rear wheel on the ground. With the Burgman the only way to get the front wheel off the ground while on the center stand was to put a jack under the engine.

Hi all
I just installed one on my 2020 NC750X yesterday. No problems. Took a little effort the first time to get it on the stand(500 lbs) but overall no problems.

I just installed one on my 2020 NC750X yesterday. No problems. Took a little effort the first time to get it on the stand(500 lbs) but overall no problems.
Are you taking it off of the center stand while sitting on it or by standing on the side of the bike and pushing it off of the center stand?

Maybe I should have made myself a little clearer about how I was getting the bike off of the center stand, I typically stand on the side of the machine and push it off.

Are you taking it off of the center stand while sitting on it or by standing on the side of the bike and pushing it off of the center stand?

Maybe I should have made myself a little clearer about how I was getting the bike off of the center stand, I typically stand on the side of the machine and push it off.
As tall as the NC is while on the center stand, I'd assume most anyone pushes it off the stand from the side standing on the ground. I'm pretty long legged and have done it both ways. I much prefer pushing it off the center stand while standing beside it rather than doing so while on the bike.

As tall as the NC is while on the center stand, I'd assume most anyone pushes it off the stand from the side standing on the ground. I'm pretty long legged and have done it both ways. I much prefer pushing it off the center stand while standing beside it rather than doing so while on the bike.
Interesting. The only bike I will push off the centerstand while standing alongside is my 170 pound scooter. For every other motorcycle or larger scooter I will ALWAYS sit on the machine while pushing off the centerstand. I shudder when I picture myself doing it standing off to the side. Feels like a dropped bike waiting to happen.

Back