• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nut plates for winshields

I'm no expert, just a fan, but I wouldn't put any windshield on without these...now that I know they're out there!

Testimonial for Dales plates.....When trailering from FLA to NY the lower wellnuts pulled free(the upper ones held) and my 22" cee Baileys tipped back a bit(didnt fly off thankfully). Fortunately for me I recently received Dales nut plates and had them with me on the trip just in case. 3400 miles of riding and 1400 miles of trailering at high speeds and Dales plates fixed me up!

Not an endorsement of Dale's nut plates but nut plates in general. My new MadStad (just received Friday and mounted Saturday) came with nut plates and, after taking the stock Honda 13" off, then putting on the MadStad mounting plate, I don't understand how or why anyone would just have those silly stock Honda well nuts (think that's what I've seen them called). Maybe they are OK for the short windscreen but for anything bigger. . . .

5mm plates ordered. I think these plates with the Bruudt brackets and the 22" Cee Baileys is the ticket.

I was unable to get my Cee Bailey's to work with the Bruudt brackets -- just as an FYI. The angle of the screen didnt' seem to quite line up.

Testimonial for Dales plates.....When trailering from FLA to NY the lower wellnuts pulled free(the upper ones held) and my 22" cee Baileys tipped back a bit(didnt fly off thankfully). Fortunately for me I recently received Dales nut plates and had them with me on the trip just in case. 3400 miles of riding and 1400 miles of trailering at high speeds and Dales plates fixed me up!

Did you order the 5mm plates? To use with the bolts Cee Bailey delivered with the 22" shield? Just had mine do the exact same thing as yours, one a hella pucker moment too! :D

I made another windscreen yesterday because I was bored. Used a different bending/heating method this time and got a more professional look.

The nut plates are really important upgrades if you're mounting anything other than the stock windscreen.

Got mine on the 28th, fast shipment. I used clear tape to hold the nut brackets in place, and put the screws in one side at a time, got it the first try!! Parabellum works fine. Low noise.

I liked them so much, I bought a second set for the next wind screen making session.... probably this summer.
It's a small thing, but it makes a huge difference... especially if you're putting in an aftermarket or home-made wind screen.

Back