nut plates for winshields

Craigmri

Reaction score
5mm plates ordered. I think these plates with the Bruudt brackets and the 22" Cee Baileys is the ticket.

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no expert, just a fan, but I wouldn't put any windshield on without these...now that I know they're out there!

Craigmri

Reaction score
Testimonial for Dales plates.....When trailering from FLA to NY the lower wellnuts pulled free(the upper ones held) and my 22" cee Baileys tipped back a bit(didnt fly off thankfully). Fortunately for me I recently received Dales nut plates and had them with me on the trip just in case. 3400 miles of riding and 1400 miles of trailering at high speeds and Dales plates fixed me up!

CMGuy

Reaction score
Not an endorsement of Dale's nut plates but nut plates in general. My new MadStad (just received Friday and mounted Saturday) came with nut plates and, after taking the stock Honda 13" off, then putting on the MadStad mounting plate, I don't understand how or why anyone would just have those silly stock Honda well nuts (think that's what I've seen them called). Maybe they are OK for the short windscreen but for anything bigger. . . .

Osomxl

Reaction score
Could these be used in conjunction with say a custom bracket behind the windscreen as a spacer to mount some led auxiliary lights?

Antarius

Site Supporter
Reaction score
5mm plates ordered. I think these plates with the Bruudt brackets and the 22" Cee Baileys is the ticket.
I was unable to get my Cee Bailey's to work with the Bruudt brackets -- just as an FYI. The angle of the screen didnt' seem to quite line up.

OldJeff

Reaction score
Testimonial for Dales plates.....When trailering from FLA to NY the lower wellnuts pulled free(the upper ones held) and my 22" cee Baileys tipped back a bit(didnt fly off thankfully). Fortunately for me I recently received Dales nut plates and had them with me on the trip just in case. 3400 miles of riding and 1400 miles of trailering at high speeds and Dales plates fixed me up!
Did you order the 5mm plates? To use with the bolts Cee Bailey delivered with the 22" shield? Just had mine do the exact same thing as yours, one a hella pucker moment too! :D

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I made another windscreen yesterday because I was bored. Used a different bending/heating method this time and got a more professional look.

The nut plates are really important upgrades if you're mounting anything other than the stock windscreen.

dramd

Reaction score
I will take a set, but I don't know what size for the puig screen?

tew47

Reaction score
Got mine on the 28th, fast shipment. I used clear tape to hold the nut brackets in place, and put the screws in one side at a time, got it the first try!! Parabellum works fine. Low noise.

HONDABIKEPRO

Supporting Vendor
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
i still have nut plates if anyone needs them for your windshields? dale

Last edited:

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I liked them so much, I bought a second set for the next wind screen making session.... probably this summer.
It's a small thing, but it makes a huge difference... especially if you're putting in an aftermarket or home-made wind screen.

RNBOB

Reaction score
I have a CalSci Medium shield, What size would I need 5mm or 6mm?
The stock mount worked well for 2 riding seasons but now is loose.
Thanks, Bob Carter

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
I have a CalSci Medium shield, What size would I need 5mm or 6mm?
The stock mount worked well for 2 riding seasons but now is loose.
Thanks, Bob Carter
3.jpgMy best suggestion is buy HondaPro Nut Plates.

smiley-think007.gif

00.jpg

Last edited: