• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Not a tank map holder, anyone?

Chiefape

Reaction score
Visit site
I am trying to devise a way to clip some kind of map holder onto the "not a tank". Has anyone out there found something or fashioned something for this? I bet one could be easily fashioned out of some of those lip clamps, some light bungies and a frame of some kind to hold a map or grocery list.

If you don't like any that have been posted in the forum already, you could go super simple and use some rubber bands and a document holder. If you find one better, please share. :)

How about a strap on tank bag,they have a clear map pouch on top??.I just bought one from Cycle Gear for $19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the tank bag ( strap on ) that I bought for the X.
It was $19.99 @ Cycle Gear,and a bonus is that it's silver and black !!.
e9uhu8e5.jpg

ehy8ydeb.jpg

egavuhet.jpg

You can get all manner of little/medium/large map holder-esque things at Aerostich too.

Barpack - Map Bags - More Packing Options - Bags :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

They're kinda expensive, but pretty cool. I would suggest googling "map holder" and such variants or Ebay to see a larger group of possible things that you may like. You may not want an entire tank bag just to carry a grocery list or a little map, etc., 'tho tankbags are pretty darned useful.

I put my IPad and maps 'n things in a giant freezer ZipLoc bag, lol. :eek:

Here's the tank bag ( strap on ) that I bought for the X.
It was $19.99 @ Cycle Gear,and a bonus is that it's silver and black !!.
e9uhu8e5.jpg

ehy8ydeb.jpg

egavuhet.jpg

How much of a hassel is it to get in the frunk with this tankbag? I'm looking for something like this... how satisfied are you with it after having it for a little while now?

How much of a hassel is it to get in the frunk with this tankbag? I'm looking for something like this... how satisfied are you with it after having it for a little while now?

Concerns:

Straps will compromise the water resistance for the frunk by distorting the gasket.

Any movement of the bag will destroy the paint over time.

To get in to the frunk you just un snap the 2 clips in the front of the bag and lay the bag on the seat,takes about 10 seconds.I'm going to put some clear vinyl over the frunk cover so there won't be any scratches.I have been useing the bag all week and it works great ( as soon as you get adjusted right ) .

I just received my HenlyBegins bag for the NC700. It is especially made for the bike, and uses suction cups to attach to the frunk. It has a one forward two rear configuration for the suction cups, so the black plastic on the sides is not an issue. It comes with connecting straps that can be screwed into the inner lip of the frunk. It goes on the two screws in there. I have not installed it yet, as those screws are in there really tight. I need to get my hands on some better tools before I strip those screws... Once the safety straps are connected, the bag will be pretty secure on the bike. Also, you can open the frunk while the bag is still strapped down tight. (You can just see the clips that attach to the straps which connect under the lip of the frunk. The straps do not cross the waterproofing area, so this should not compromise the frunk.)
I don't think that the bag is available outside Japan at this point, but the link above goes to the English Rakuten page, where you can have it shipped internationally.
78050.jpg
I will try to come back and post more about it once I have it properly mounted and test it out a bit.

I just received my HenlyBegins bag for the NC700. It is especially made for the bike, and uses suction cups to attach to the frunk. It has a one forward two rear configuration for the suction cups, so the black plastic on the sides is not an issue. It comes with connecting straps that can be screwed into the inner lip of the frunk. It goes on the two screws in there. I have not installed it yet, as those screws are in there really tight. I need to get my hands on some better tools before I strip those screws... Once the safety straps are connected, the bag will be pretty secure on the bike. Also, you can open the frunk while the bag is still strapped down tight. (You can just see the clips that attach to the straps which connect under the lip of the frunk. The straps do not cross the waterproofing area, so this should not compromise the frunk.)
I don't think that the bag is available outside Japan at this point, but the link above goes to the English Rakuten page, where you can have it shipped internationally.
View attachment 3349
I will try to come back and post more about it once I have it properly mounted and test it out a bit.

Very cool !!.

View attachment 3349

Nice. I'd like something like that in about a 12 liter size.
Is that a full size ipad in there or a mini?

Bubba,
It holds a full-sized iPad, but there is no cable access. It is only 3 liters, but can expand to 4.5. I only need enough capacity for things I wish to access while in the saddle, such as a map (or ipad), my wallet, camera, and water. Anything else can go in the frunk, so the smaller capacity works for me.

Bubba,
It holds a full-sized iPad, but there is no cable access. It is only 3 liters, but can expand to 4.5. I only need enough capacity for things I wish to access while in the saddle, such as a map (or ipad), my wallet, camera, and water. Anything else can go in the frunk, so the smaller capacity works for me.

Thanks for the info.
I was thinking of a taller bag not so much for the larger capacity,
but so that a tablet would be easier to see for my old eyes.
But seeing as how that can hold a 10" device, that shouldn't be a problem for me.

Installation pics

I had some nice weather today, so I raced down to the nearest Honda shop and got a hand installing the HenlyBegins bag.
IMG_0062.jpg
Freshly installed in front of the dealers.
My iPad, complete with Otter Box case, snugly fits in the map case. The plastic window works fine with the iPad, but I had to go bare handed. My gloves, which are supposed to work with iPads/iPhones, don't work through this plastic. No big deal, as I don't intend to interact with the iPad while in motion anyway. It is great for using the map function while pulled over though.
IMG_0063.jpg
The straps keep the bag attached even when the Frunk is opened. This is what makes this bag really useful.
IMG_0064.jpg
The straps get anchored in to the screws on the underside of the Frunk. This does not seem to compromise the waterprooof seal in any way. (I really need to wash the bike to test this.)
IMG_0065.jpg
Close up of where the bag connects to the straps attached to the frunk.
IMG_0069.jpg
Back home after a one-hour test ride with the bag. Here you can see the triangular formation of the suction cups. I found that the forward and left cup held fast the whole ride, but the right one popped free a few times. The bag never budged, but I was checking it at stop lights. I may have had it to far forward on the frunk, which would cause the cup to sit on a rounded area. I will have to play with this a bit. You can also see that the straps, once removed from the bag, stay on the bike. I imagine you could try ot have them fold under, but they may get in the way of the locking mechanism or compromise the seal. (This reminds me, I need to do a water test with this straps in place just to make sure. Time to wash the bike I guess...) The straps conveniently connect to each other, making them a nice handle if you want to pretend you are bull-riding. Alternatively, you can use them to hold something else to the bike when you are not using the bag. (Your hat? Gloves? A camera? A sandwich? Ferret?)

I've been thinking about just putting some gutter hooks on to a strap on tank bag. They're the things that come on trunk mount bicycle racks for cars. We movie grips use them for strapping cameras to cars.

Haven't seen a tank bag that comes with them.

A110.jpg

Back