• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Not a great start to 2015 for me

Saxeus

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure where else to put this.

I've been a bit scarce on this forum since January, which would be shortly after I got my bike and started riding. Life then decided to throw me three of the harshest curve-balls I've ever had to face. In less than two months I've lost both my parents and my job. Not much more to say really. Now more than ever I feel the need to head out onto the open road by myself for a few hours but stuff that needs to be done still seems to find me somehow. And I'm still a novice rider so I don't know where the favourite biking roads are in my area.

Sorry to hear of your losses, especially your parents. Time is your ally. You may need to make time for yourself..
Not knowing where the favourite roads are sounds like a blessing to me.
My advice...point your bike in a direction and GO. Don't be in a hurry to get anywhere. You see a side road and a little voice says "Wonder where that goes?"...take it. Pack a bag and go for a while, maybe even a couple of days

itlives nailed it. Take some time for yourself, even if you have to force yourself to do it. Some time away from the "must do's" will give you some perspective. Take your time and don't give yourself any destination other than your street address for the end of the trip.

Aw, maaan :(

So sorry to hear about this, Saxeus. That's just brutal mate.

Stay strong buddy and let the bike riding be safe and healing!

My heart goes out to you in this very difficult time. I started riding not long after my beloved father passed away a couple of years back. These things have layers that are difficult, or maybe impossible, to understand all at once. It's still hard for me sometimes, but time does make it get easier.

itlives and Deckyon give good advice I think. Time alone on the bike can be a wonderful help. "Motorcycle Therapy" certainly helped me through some difficult moments. Again, my heart goes out to you.

Not sure where else to put this.

I've been a bit scarce on this forum since January, which would be shortly after I got my bike and started riding. Life then decided to throw me three of the harshest curve-balls I've ever had to face. In less than two months I've lost both my parents and my job. Not much more to say really. Now more than ever I feel the need to head out onto the open road by myself for a few hours but stuff that needs to be done still seems to find me somehow. And I'm still a novice rider so I don't know where the favourite biking roads are in my area.

Sorry about your parents-bummer. Now go out and find YOUR favorite roads to ride, not someone else's.

Very sorry for your recent losses. you will get thru it, it is what we do.

As others stated a ride is good therapy, just make sure your head is clear. You can ride when sad, just be sure your head is in the game.

best of luck to you.

Itlives said it well. I feel for your loss.

I often head out just picking a point on the compass and take any road going in the general direction. If it doesn't pan out I go back and take the next road going my way.

You don't need any particular place to ride, you don't need any particular road to ride, and you sure don't need any particular reason to ride. Just Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDE!

Nothing settles the soul better than the "Freedom Of the Open Road".

[video=youtube;x4mU8ZqMZPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU[/video]

Last edited:
Back