• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No space in garage.... outside it goes??

pprior

Reaction score
Visit site
Well we moved, and our new garage is pitifully small. only about 24 feet deep and 16 foot garage door with about 2.5 feet beyond that on each side.

We are parking 2 cars in the garage and I just don't think there is enough room to store the bike inside.

I feel really bad because i don't want to let it sit outside in the rain and sun, and also I feel a bit trashy having a motorcycle sitting outside the side garage door with a cover on it most of the time.

Anyone else in this mess? Anybody else storing a motorcycle in a small two car garage with 2 cars in there?

I have a garage. My Honda Rubicon and NC are in it; my Nissan Rogue sits out in the elements.

i park both my cars inside the garage, and the NC in the middle of it.

the key it to own narrower vehicle. we have and mazda protege5 and mazda3 , both pretty narrow.

I am also the size of most motoGP rider. 140 lbs. this also helps to get in between vehicle and motorcycle.

have no junk in the garage. just enough to for regular maint of the house, car and motorcycle.

If you own your home, you could build a shed. You can get a shed kit for $750 or so. Or have one built for $1200. Those are prices for the midwest, could be different where you are. I would hate to park any of my bikes outside. I did at my first house though, when I didn't have a garage. But that bike was not near as nice as the bikes I have now. :)

Well we moved, and our new garage is pitifully small. only about 24 feet deep and 16 foot garage door with about 2.5 feet beyond that on each side.

We are parking 2 cars in the garage and I just don't think there is enough room to store the bike inside.

Anyone else in this mess? Anybody else storing a motorcycle in a small two car garage with 2 cars in there?
I have a 2 car garage with two cars parked inside. I also have only one NC700 which I also park in the garage. Have to move a car to get the bike out of the garage. Not ideal, but doable

You have a garage which is "only" 24'x21', my heart bleeds for you, how do you cope?:rolleyes:

I'm lucky in respect of being able to store my bike in a garage, but it's a mates who lives 3 miles away!

My answer to your problem would be stop moaning and leave a car outside and get the bike in the garage.

I'd love to have my own garage at home. :(

Before I added a car port to the side of my house the NC lived under a cover. TBH the air circulation under the cover is better than the unheated shed that two of my other bikes live in. I have often seen their engines covered in condensation when the NC has been ok outside. However on windy days you need to insulate contact points between the cover and the paintwork as otherwise there will be abrasion marks.

I pull my Sentra all the way forward in my garage. Almost touching the front wall and then back my NC behind is sideways. Fits just barely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have no choice, then leave it out side. Vandalism and theft are always a concern so I would install some disc brake locks, maybe chain it to something secure, and keep it covered in a well lit area. The ideal situation would be to park it inside. Where there is a will there is a way I've found in my experience. Maybe you could park it in your house if there is no room in the garage! ;)

Back