• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run??

TacomaJD, it might depend on what kind of staple gun you have. Last week I installed Utopia backrest and tried to put the cover back on with an Arrow staple gun. The plastic seat pan is pretty damn tough. I ended up going out to Harbor Freight and buying a air stapler. Which is in the instructions.

The $24. Chinese stapler works just fine.

I have the harbor freight air stapler as well. I am going to let the local guy do it (unless he is stupid high), as I have enough irons in the fire for now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What is the “rubber cane end” trick you speak of? I hate my factory seat...I’ve got a gel pad on it now which helps in the cushion department...but could really do without my “boys” adorning the frunk kid...

Last edited:
What is the “rubber cane end” trick you speak of? I hate my factory seat...I’ve got a gel pad on it now which helps in the cushion department...but could really do without my “boys” adorning the frunk kid...
Puts some large rubber stopper type things, like rubber ends that you put on barstool legs or something, under the front of the seat to raise it up to level, then you have to fabricate a new piece of metal that is higher for the front of the seat to hook into since it won't reach down to the stock hook. This leaves a significant gap between the front of the seat and bike and looks kinda goofy, but if it fixes everything, may be worth it to some.

For me, I dont feel correcting slope of stock seat would be a good fix, as I feel the seat contour sucks and foam density is too firm regardless of slope. But everybody's bum is different I suppose.

That's a pretty solid review there.

something different works for everyone so insights to feedback or reviews are always appreciated. probably part of why new ppl like myself end up pouring through several threads before giving up and posting in 4 year old zombie threads. just looking for fit, then comfort myself. Sometimes I think we're just whinging over saddle soars. go ride. :p

I believe it refers to the slope mod, or what we know as the “showkey mod.”

Seat mod......slope change

Air bladder seat

I believe it refers to the slope mod, or what we know as the “showkey mod.”

Seat mod......slope change
[/QUOTE
Stock seat too hard for me and it has a forward slope. I have seat concepts on another bike and like it. I ordered Seat Concepts foam and cover for the NC. I did not like the way the cover is sewn, particularly the pointy corners around the gas tank. Sent it back. With shipping and a 15% restock fee it was a $90 error for me. I ordered an Airhawk second generation bladder seat and did not like it. The original Airhawk bladder seat was made of neoprene rubber and worked well. The new gereration Airhawk is made from polyurethane and makes a crinkling sound and is uncomfortable. I sent it back to Revzilla. I found a suitable substitute at Airseat Innovations. They use a neoprene rubber bladder like the original Airhawk. The bladder chambers are larger than the airhawk but still functions well with adjustability to fit your needs. It is a $110 alternative that works well for me. Seats are like windshields, one size does not fit all.

Dropped the oem seat and the Seat Concepts foam/cover off at the upholstery shop today. I got it off ebay from an independent dealer labeled as new old stock for $115 shipped. Upon inspecting after its arrival, I think it may have been a factory blem, but I could be wrong. The rear of the Seat Concepts cover did not have any extra vinyl hanging off to wrap underneath and staple to the pan. All other 3 sides did. It literally just ended at the end of the grip material on the rear side of the seat. The upholstery guy said they have black vinyl and can stitch a piece onto it so that it can be stapled correctly if there doesn't end up being enough there to pull down and staple. Hard to believe its supposed to be like that by looking at it. But maybe I am wrong, just looked off to me.

Is this what yalls seat concepts looked like? These are pics from ebay listing.

c1fd352b4d55021f47470e8c1d5cf213.jpg

2af1d66fcb9d59ad6a5c5900d3884d44.jpg

a559bcd14e9cecdf213a810a2630ab0b.jpg

Picked up.seat concepts seat today at the upholsterer. They did have to sew a piece of vinyl on the rear of the seat to get it to work. Only charged me $20 to sew on the vinyl and to install it on my pan. Cheap enough.

I like the grip material. It is definitely better than stock, but to what degree I am unsure, as I have only ridden about 25 miles on it. It still feels firm and its profile is pretty flat, so I still may get the pressure points on long rides, but it will definitely not be the same as with stock seat. Pushing on the rear seat with my fingers and then pushing on the seat concepts seat, the seat concepts feels firmer than the stock rear seat. Wish it was a little more plush to conform better. It definitely added some height, I like it though, my right leg isn't as bent as with stock seat. And it's width at the front of the seat impacts touching the ground also. I can still flat-foot it, but my legs are straight now. Will update later once I rack up some miles.

55498142b61f798a5f54817b7aedcb4d.jpg

6eec9a66cbce58c164cb1c775d324495.jpg

3a23c33b09d62b9ba7597c0b8a898154.jpg

I got my seat concepts seat on, and after a couple of hundred miles on it, I feel that it's better than the stock seat. But, not quite there, as far as not thinking about it while riding long stretches.
Oh well it will remain for now.

Looks like that would be more comfortable than stock, maybe a little wider. I just got mine, haven't even taken it out of the box but probably won't install it until after I get hip surgery (in 2 weeks) & recover, then same with the other hip. Won't be putting many miles on my new bike before October. That sucks, I've only had my NC700X for a month & it's been raining half the time.

Looks like that would be more comfortable than stock, maybe a little wider. I just got mine, haven't even taken it out of the box but probably won't install it until after I get hip surgery (in 2 weeks) & recover, then same with the other hip. Won't be putting many miles on my new bike before October. That sucks, I've only had my NC700X for a month & it's been raining half the time.

I am not overly picky with demanding comfort, so it may end up being tolerable for me. If I don't get a chance to knock out a long ride before it, I'll be riding (the long way) back to Nashville, TN July 26th for a Alice In Chains & Korn concert, so it will get tested that day. Regardless, the added width and no more slope is a big improvement over stock. Good luck to you on surgeries and recoveries. Nothing fun about that, I've had more than my fair share of surgeries and nothing sucks more than being laid up not able to do anything.

TacomaJD, hope the new seat serves you well. I saw your earlier post where Revzilla told you Shad basically wont be making any more seats for the NC. I ordered one last week directly from Shad ($299 + shipping) and received it today. Only rode a few miles today, so the jury is still out, but I already know it beats the stock seat.

TacomaJD, hope the new seat serves you well. I saw your earlier post where Revzilla told you Shad basically wont be making any more seats for the NC. I ordered one last week directly from Shad ($299 + shipping) and received it today. Only rode a few miles today, so the jury is still out, but I already know it beats the stock seat.
Wtf! Lol. You got front and rear seats for $299+shipping? I paid $370 shipped through Revzilla.

Last month I was planning on purchasing a Shad seat from Revzilla when I ran across this thread. I was bummed. A few days later I emailed Shad, asking if this seat was still available. After a couple weeks of no reply, I saw GregT's post selling a Seat Concepts seat, and bought that from him (should arrive tomorrow). Then, last night I got an email from Shad telling me that they are still available and a link to purchase: NC700X (12 - 18) Comfort Seat

– SHAD USA

I went for my longest ride on my NCX so far yesterday, ~150 miles, and my butt still hurts from it, so I really, really hope the Seat Concepts seat is good for me. But if it's not, I'll be hitting up Shad next.

Short of Russell Day-Long which ups the inseam requirement, Sargent looks to be a good bet. Read their copy and see the shapes:

Sargent Seats - Honda NC 700 X Solo Seat

Looks pretty good. Sort of looks like a RDL knockoff with the shape. It states regular height but I wonder if it does anything at all for the slope?

EDIT: The detailed description does say the slope is eliminated. Better yet..
EDIT: AND a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Even Better...

Last edited:
I’ve had a Sargent on my ‘15 for 20,000 miles and it’s very comfortable - many 300-500 mile days and multi day trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back