• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No power to ignition

Spykr

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I just disassembled the entire luggage compartment to inspect and clean the carb. This included removing the battery. After putting everything back together, there is absolutely no power to the ignition. I have checked all the fuses, including the 30A fuse at the starter relay - all fine. The battery is also fine (and connected securely and correct polarity). I'm pretty stumped now.

Any ideas?

My bike is a 2013 NC750X (manual) and has HISS Ignition.

Carb? Did someone modify your bike to remove the fuel pump and injectors?
Nope, no modifications. This model (2013) comes standard with a carb. There are no fuel injectors - just spark plugs and a good old carburetor. The fuel injector systems must have been introduced in later models.

But this will not affect power to the ignition.

I was not aware of a 2013 model of the NC750X. I have a 2013 NC700x and it has fuel injection....NO carbs.
Maybe I'm just ignorant. Maybe mine has fuel injection too? I just removed the entire air filter and cleaned the thing that looks like a carburetor. I haven't seen any injectors on this bike, maybe they're hiding somewhere...

Nope, no modifications. This model (2013) comes standard with a carb. There are no fuel injectors - just spark plugs and a good old carburetor. The fuel injector systems must have been introduced in later models.

But this will not affect power to the ignition.
I just did a bit of research and the 2012 came with PGM-FI....

Back