• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NiCX in the Drakensberg foothills

tanserf

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tania,
the landscape looks a little...well dry.

Somthing I noticed (and I also did that initially) is that you put in the Odometer as part of the video (20% of screen?).
What this does, is that the camera lens will instead auto-focus on that, and not the far-away scenery.

I have since only included a tiny triangle of the screen to show that it was actually on the bike and not some car or truck.
I also set manually the "mountain-scene" setting on the d-camera to allow it a big F-stop (means focus far away and all clearly in focus).
Hope this tip helps.

Keep filming and uploading here!:cool:

Best regards
Joe

Hello happy!
the trails and tribulations of a camera operator! Yes, I understand what you say about the odometer, you make sense there! We use a Drift X170, hardly hi-tech photography! You would need to stop, plug into a laptop, check that all the settings are correct, and carry on. As you know, you only get one chance! We are in the market for some other camera, but your videos has now thrown the proverbial spanner. We were unaware that your type was this good! BTW, I think our sound is a bit better, although we kept the speed low as you could see. That is also part of the reason why you see so much of the odo, to tuck the mic in behind the screen, out of the wind.
But we will never give up!
Keep riding and keep an eye on the video section!
Go safe

Back