• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Next Tires?

$285 to the door for a pair is up there, i really like the longevity you're getting out of them. Though i paid half that for both of my Shinko 705's, we'll see how it runs out this summer(my front Conti-Motion still has a lot of tread left so i can't justify pulling it just to mount the front 705 just yet). So far i've asked a lot out of them, loaded heavy travelling, pulling high mountain passes, sweeping corners in the rain/hail at 11k in Colorado, braking hard and i even drug a peg or two loaded/cornering. I can't offset my weight any longer with the RDL seat, so dragging the peg was a surprise. I didn't think i was that far over, but "Boy Howdy" i thought when it did scrape! All good, had lots of fun with it that trip.
:{)

Yes, get any of these then a supersport liter bike to mount them on.
Man after last weekend on my PR5's and my buddy running PR4 Trails on his Multi, I am a firm believer in those rubbers! The Pilot Road series have came a long way over the years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

After 10,000 miles on a Pilot Road 4 rear, I have to say that I'm going back to the Avon Trailrider AV54 again, which lasted as long on the road surfaces commonly found here, seemed to do as well on wet pavement, but handled and felt better to me on dry pavement, and did all off-pavement stuff better. This Avon tire should get way more attention, premium handling for an 80/20 that rivals any touring tire for longevity as well. Speaking of which the front, the AV53 has lasted me 27,000 miles so far and sill looks good and has good tread depth!

Ordered from American Moto Tire for $156 which is a great company, also available at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC for $159.

avo_16_tir_tra_dua_spo-rea.jpg

I also have these tires on my NC. The trail riders make the steering and handling so much lighter, the bike is much more flickable on the curvy roads. The stock Dunlops made the bike feel less responsive to inputs.
I did not even wait till they wore out to replace them. I have had the same experience on other bikes with stock Dunlop tires.
I have Avons on 2 of my other bikes as well. Avon tires are fantastic.

Very impressed with my Dunlop Q3 Plus tires. Got them scrubbed in & hit the twisty roads outside of town. A whole different feel than my 6 year old Dunlop Trailmax DS609 tires. Those felt wooden. No feedback. These Dunlops stick like glue. I doubt I can hit the limit of grip on public roads. I pushed pretty hard & they felt very planted. I ride 100% on road.

Bridgestone Battlax T31 F&R on order. Swapping out a new pair of Shinko 705s.
After 200 miles, I never got used to the feel of the 705. They turn very different than regular street tires on the NC700X. Also they felt a little loose in the corners.

JT

Back