• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Signals

AVG1940

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got my new front signals (to match the rears). They mounted up nicely. Not fond of the stock units, so...
Also mounted up and wired my new SW Motech Hand Guards. Last plastic bit to ad to this bike will be the rear GS style fender.
IMG_2392.jpgIMG_2385.jpgIMG_2387.jpgIMG_2396.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2394.jpg
    IMG_2394.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 16
Interesting look. Any issue installing the SW Motech Hand Guards and do they work as additional indicators? When I read the description for the LED lights, there are a couple of comments that gave me concern.

LED indicator set for KOBRA handguards​

LED blinkers, available separately, offer increased visibility in traffic and can be easily placed in the recesses of the handguards. A resistor set is required for retrofitting the blinkers with 10 or 20 watts to KOBRA LED blinkers with 1 watt.

• ECE test mark: E8 50R-001279
  • The LED indicators have an operating current of 12 volts and consume 1 watt per side
  • The original indicators must be removed in order to be able to use the LED indicators
  • Depending on the original turn signal, it may be necessary to install a suitable resistor in between for the correct indicator frequency

I'm using the little geometric signals as the "running lights". I think they are pretty cool looking. At least better than those goofy 1980's looking plastic stock pieces, and they tuck in nice and tight. Not likely to snap off in a tip over. The Motech turn signals in the hand guards are the secondary circuit separated from the running lights. I bought the "LED Flasher" replacement relay to slow down the hyper flash speed. Sadly, it only slowed them down about 30%. They still flash too quick. I have the in-line resistors, but tried to get away without adding them. No dice, gotta do it now. At least I know how to quickly pop the panels off, right?

I'm using the little geometric signals as the "running lights". I think they are pretty cool looking. At least better than those goofy 1980's looking plastic stock pieces, and they tuck in nice and tight. Not likely to snap off in a tip over. The Motech turn signals in the hand guards are the secondary circuit separated from the running lights. I bought the "LED Flasher" replacement relay to slow down the hyper flash speed. Sadly, it only slowed them down about 30%. They still flash too quick. I have the in-line resistors, but tried to get away without adding them. No dice, gotta do it now. At least I know how to quickly pop the panels off, right?
Appreciate that recap. Pretty sure this is more than I could do since I understood about 1/2 of what you said ;)

I have a question. Are you using the electronic flasher relay with the “H” at the end (ELFR-1-H)? Wondering if your reduced hyper flash is present with the Honda specific relay is the reason I am asking. I haven’t changed mine yet.

I really like those turn signals, by the way.

Dunno. I'll check the #'s. However the relay is one of those flea-bay "direct 4 pin replacement relay to stop hyper flashing" deals, specific to our bikes. Just sent the seller a note, whining about the continued hyperflash. I have two of the resistors...I'm going to put them in line with the front signals to see if that works...

looks interesting. I've been looking to change my fronts, who makes them?
"New Rage" brand. Hunt for used on flea-bay. Usually half price because a lot of folks buy them then never mount them. I have bought two sets like that now, new in an opened box, at half price or less. Otherwise, retail is kinda ridiculous.

I also installed the ELFR-1-H and it works great. An electronic flasher relay should always flash at the same speed; i.e. the rate of flash is not dependent on the resistive load connected to the circuit.

You can get the CustomLED flashers on eBay from the seller custom_led_llc:

I also installed the ELFR-1-H and it works great. An electronic flasher relay should always flash at the same speed; i.e. the rate of flash is not dependent on the resistive load connected to the circuit.

Worked like a champ. Thanks for the part number.

I checked compatibility for my 2022 DCT and get this message "This part is not compatible with this 2022 Honda NC750X DCT ABS". 2018 was the last model year that said was compatible . Guess that means it's a no go for now.

I checked compatibility for my 2022 DCT and get this message "This part is not compatible with this 2022 Honda NC750X DCT ABS". 2018 was the last model year that said was compatible . Guess that means it's a no go for now.
Your '22 and '21's already have an electronic flasher module.
There are no incandescent bulbs, only LED's on your bike.

Your '22 and '21's already have an electronic flasher module.
There are no incandescent bulbs, only LED's on your bike.
Ah, I misunderstood. I was thinking this was a brake light modulator meaning it automatically flashes your brake lights. I get it now. Thanks.

Ah, I misunderstood. I was thinking this was a brake light modulator meaning it automatically flashes your brake lights. I get it now. Thanks.
When I changed to LED in my ST1100 and NC700X I got LED bulbs from Amazon that have the strobe flash built in. I also put them in my V-Strom 650. They work great.

Back