• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Paint Job

Convict1997

Reaction score
Visit site
Repainted my bike again. I never cared for the original silver. About a year ago, I painted it black. Given the materials used and my lack of painting knowledge, it didn’t turn out too well. Finally got around to sanding it down and restarting in white. Rather than using the paint gun again, I just went with aerosol cans this time. Duplicolor perfect match for primer and base. Spray Max 2k for the clear. I’ll try to post some pics. Let me know if they don’t show up.

E5805F39-AB83-48B0-A985-635B15F836E7.jpg
9780C585-4A90-42E2-A606-6D3ADDDE6749.jpg
0018157C-5D6C-4079-8F2F-F6F56D3E873F.jpg

Very nice job!

Can I ask where you painted it? In a clean paint booth? Dust settling in the paint was my biggest headache when I did mine.

The Max 2k clear is good stuff, but definitely requires using a respirator!

Dust was definitely a problem. I hung the pieces in the garage and took them out on the back deck to spray one at a time. As I walked out the back door, I’d wipe each piece down with a tack cloth. I’ve got three tiny pieces of dust in the clear that no one else will ever see, but I know are there. Otherwise, it turned out amazing. Last time, I hung all the pieces together on one rack and I think the overspray from one would mess up the finish on the next. Wanted to avoid that this time.

The Spray Max 2k is an amazing product. Lays down smooth and I didn’t have any problems with it running on me. Only problem I have is it’s not available anywhere that I could find locally. Had to order from amazon. $36 for two cans isn’t that bad though. Next time, I’ll order twice as much as I think I’ll need to avoid running out in the middle of the project. I used regular 3M dust masks since I was spraying outside. Had I been in an enclosed space, I definitely would have gone with a full respirator.

Eons ago, i took a Vocational College course for Autobody Paint/Repair. Shortly afterwards I painted cars, motorcycles, helmets and tool boxes for a living. I too have been kicking around the idea of changing the color on mine, but haven't decided on a color yet. So i can say, that looks like a great job Sir, good for you!! :{)

Repainted my bike again. I never cared for the original silver. About a year ago, I painted it black. Given the materials used and my lack of painting knowledge, it didn’t turn out too well. Finally got around to sanding it down and restarting in white. Rather than using the paint gun again, I just went with aerosol cans this time. Duplicolor perfect match for primer and base. Spray Max 2k for the clear. I’ll try to post some pics. Let me know if they don’t show up.

View attachment 36937
View attachment 36938
View attachment 36939

I'm biased but I think white looks awesome. Congrats :)

Hi Convict1997, this looks awesome! I always wanted white as well, and have been playing with the idea of taking the panels to a local body shop to have them done, but I am seriously considering this. Looks like my local O'Reilly has all the Duplicolor cans for about $10 ea.

After about two years with your new white paint, how are you liking it? Still happy with the results?

Back