• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi all,

From Cape Town, South Africa. Got my silver NC in a manual for three weeks now. First bike, so slow going...perfect for running in my baby...just passed the 500km mark today.

Loving it :)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Hello from Michigan, USA and welcome to the forum. You sure picked a great bike for your very first one! Congrats and have fun, be safe! How's the weather in beautiful South Africa this time of year?

Hi all, greetings from Chattanooga, TN. I traded in my first bike today, an '09 GS500F which was a wonderful starter bike. I will pick up my 2012 NC700X tomorrow...very excited for the new adventures I will have extending my range with this new ride.

Hello from Annapolis Maryland

Hi there, I joined the forum a few months ago, finally getting around to posting a hello. I've really enjoyed reading the posts, very helpful. The NC700XC is the first bike I've bought brand new, I've had used Honda's in the past a friend of mine gave me an 85' Rebel as my first bike.

Cheers
Jeremy

Hello from Michigan, USA and welcome to the forum. You sure picked a great bike for your very first one! Congrats and have fun, be safe! How's the weather in beautiful South Africa this time of year?

Thanks..really enjoying the bike.
The weather is generally great all year round...a bit wet May to July but moderate temperatures...4 deg C minimums in the early morning. Today we had blue skies and 26 deg C :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi there, I joined the forum a few months ago, finally getting around to posting a hello. I've really enjoyed reading the posts, very helpful. The NC700XC is the first bike I've bought brand new, I've had used Honda's in the past a friend of mine gave me an 85' Rebel as my first bike.

Cheers
Jeremy

Hi Welcome from the UK

Welcome from Sunny... no cloudy... no wet... no cold... um sucky spring weather in Southern Ontario. I have no bike yet. I'm going to pick something up at the end of this season... I'll be at my mid-life (40) crisis then, and can hopefully steal a deal at the end of the season before next years models. I had a crotch rocket 20 years ago, and am feeling the itch again to get on two wheels. The nc700x is calling my name this time around.

Hello from California. I have been ridding for a long time, and finally found a bike that brings memories of when I first started to ride.
I finally found a bike with simplicity in its inner working, simple to maintain, good looks, and most of all Its the first bike in a long time where I had a big smile on my face after my first ride. Most of my young coworkers give me a hard time about my bike choice, but then again they all have crashed more than once at work...I truly enjoy the posts from everyone and find them very informative. My motto is if you're on two wheels whatever it is you're riding enjoy you're ride and the fun of the sport. I commuted to work over the past numerous years on different bikes and now I'm on my NC and really enjoying my commute even after an 11 hour shift in the saddle!

Yeah I know please stop! Ok.

Glad to be part of the forum. :)

Last edited:

Cheers
Jeremy

Hi from Utah! Hope you're having better riding weather there than we are here (snowing lightly the last few days).

Hi all, I'm Jeneane, from the land of (almost) never winter - Southern California. Got tired of getting left behind while the boys went out on rides a couple years ago and finally got my license. Started off on a '94 Shadow 600, upgraded in December to my NC700X. I've got nearly all the farkles I need, and am looking forward to doing some major touring.

Hi all, I'm Jeneane, from the land of (almost) never winter - Southern California. Got tired of getting left behind while the boys went out on rides a couple years ago and finally got my license. Started off on a '94 Shadow 600, upgraded in December to my NC700X. I've got nearly all the farkles I need, and am looking forward to doing some major touring.

Welcome from Utah, where last year and this year it's seemed like never ending winter.

Hello, my name is Eric and split my time between San Diego, Ca and Mexicali, baja Mexico.

I picked up my 2012 nc700x in mid march of 2013 and the month I've had it I have put 2000+ miles on the clock and this includes a weekend at the dealer getting its first checkup and an entire week sitting at home in the garage while I am working the graveyard shift and being a zombie.

I needed something fun, but made financial sense. Being that I live in San Diego which has the best weather and Mexicali which has something like 300+ days a year of sunshine a motorcycle seemed to fit the bill.

I drive a 2006 trailblazer and while it gets decent mileage I was still putting about $180.00 a week in gas. Figuring that the payment for the nc700x is only $153.00 per month I guess I am actually getting paid to ride and the more I ride the more I save.

I have a round trip commute between work,school and home of about 75 miles daily and about 150 miles each way through the San Diego mountains and through the desert to get to my second home in Mexicali where my wife and two young sons live.

Hi all, My name is Tony and I bought my new nc700x a coupe of weeks ago. I went to one dealer and looked at the Kawaski Versys and the ninja 250. Let me tell you
I have been riding most of my life, mostly cruiser types wearing my leathers and so forth. I found that my riding My yamaha vstar 1100 and the 650 classic,
was more for other people. Ya I tried to look cool, and at the near age of 60 I now decided to ride for me. Well anyway, as I stated befor I got on this ninja250 to see
why so many people liked the crotch rokets. Hmmm, I still dont know even know after I rode it. It really (literally) made me leary of my riding skills. Yet I've ridden bikes
all my life. It was a short bike, and being crouched down with my nose looking at the pavement seemed to weird for me. So anyway I told the sales person thank you
but no way. :)
I then went to honda, and didnt even know about the nc700x even when I walked into the dealer, I walked right passed it. I thought I was looking for something else.
But after talking to the sales person, and looking at several different bikes, he asked did I look at the bike in the showroom? I said not really, so we walked back to the
front and we looked at it, and I was like hmmmm it had my attention. But when he opened up the storage comparment I know I was almost sold. I said I have to ride
this, but to be honest with you, I wont be buying today. He said, ok with a smile, and gave me the keys for the test drive. It didnt even have a mile on the gauges and he
proceded to put a dealer plate on for the test drive. Remember Im used to just riding on my cruisers and of coarse always trying to look good. Ha, Well let me say
this, not only did I feel good riding this nc700 I knew I looked good too. :)
Just to let you all know, It is a grey one, and of coarse a 2012 that now has over 300 miles on it. Ya I know I put a little riding in the last couple of weeks. and Im
not even retired yet, and have to work like the rest of us.:(
Well sorry to all out there that think Im a little winded here, but just wanted to say hi to all and let you know Im a proud owner of a new nc700x and would like and
hope someday meet some of you on a bike run. I live here in Washington State, and yes I have already rode the bike in the rain. :)
Thanks for listening
NWestRider

Back