• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Welcome to delayed childhood :) When you get more comfortable you may want to invest in some rider training. I found it really helped me with the things I didn't know.
Good mention on training. Took some before I purchased. Really glad I did! Extremely helpful, plus I made a new friend in my instructor.

Hi all from sunny South Africa!

Great to be here on this forum with a wealth of info it seems. This is my 44th bike (been riding a few years...) Sold my Vstrom to use this as 90% commuter and 10% "other" riding. I will admit its no rocket but fast enough for intended need. But I am still enjoying it anyway for many reasons, versatility and consumption just to name a few. AND I think it is one of the slickest looking bikes out there.... cheers for now, ride safe
View attachment 51357
Nice bike, Nice beach.

Hey gang,

I'm Ross Statham, I am new to motorcycling and I live in the western Florida panhandle. I'm 67 years old, just learned how to ride. Bought my 2012 model about two weeks ago via Facebook Marketplace. Couldn't be happier so far. (I have a couple of buddies from church who got me pointed in the right direction.)

This morning I took my first "serious" ride of a couple of hours-- we have hundreds of miles of country roads where we live-- and it's early Spring here-- so I got on the road early and really enjoyed myself. Rode up into south Alabama, then west, then back down into Florida-- you guys know the drill.

I'm a husband of 47 years, father of four and grandfather of seven-- and a Christian. Really like the forum and have been learning a great deal from you guys already.
Welcome to the forum.
You will find this an extremely helpful place to learn more about NC7xx bikes and maintenance.

Hey gang,

I'm Ross Statham, I am new to motorcycling and I live in the western Florida panhandle. I'm 67 years old, just learned how to ride. Bought my 2012 model about two weeks ago via Facebook Marketplace. Couldn't be happier so far. (I have a couple of buddies from church who got me pointed in the right direction.)

This morning I took my first "serious" ride of a couple of hours-- we have hundreds of miles of country roads where we live-- and it's early Spring here-- so I got on the road early and really enjoyed myself. Rode up into south Alabama, then west, then back down into Florida-- you guys know the drill.

I'm a husband of 47 years, father of four and grandfather of seven-- and a Christian. Really like the forum and have been learning a great deal from you guys already.
It is written... See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it?

Welcome Brother Ross! Quite the new thing to do at 67 but how exciting to take up this wonderful activity we all share. I live in NE Florida now but I grew up in NW Florida. I still get over there pretty regular. Niceville, Crestview, Milligan, Baker and the bustling burg of Bagdad, Darlington, FL 2, Cnty Rd 181, Red Rock, Goat Hill Rd out of Samson, AL CR-4 from Brewton all the way to Lucy, AL. You have great roads to explore.

Hey gang,

Congratulations on the new bike! I also live in Florida but quite a bit south in Lee County. I'm hoping we can have a Florida meet up sometime soon.

I compare this forum to a well-run and mature business that has a department for everything. With the knowledge of the folks who contribute here, it is rare that a question goes unanswered. Plus, there just seems to be a genuine interest in helping, which is unfortunately rare nowadays. There are also many others who are amazing ambassadors to the sport and really encourage others to be enthusiastic about it. I hope you get as much out of it as I have (a lot).

Ride safely and enjoy the bike!

Hello everyone,

Another new and happy forum member here. My name is Matej and I am from Ljubljana, Slovenia (the home country of the famous Akrapovič ;) I'm 37 and I've had a passion for motorcycles since I was 14, when I got my first motorcycle license (for up to 50ccm). I've never had a "real" motorcycle, only mopeds and scooters. Currently, I own a Honda PCX125 scooter, which I mainly use for my daily commute to work. Last year I also did a few 300-400km daily trips with it and was pleasantly surprised with its performance and comfort even for longer trips. However, this year I thought it was about time to get myself my first proper bike, so I'm happy to report that my brand new NC750X MY2023 in blue colour (the fastest, right?) is on its way and should be delivered in April. So I expect this summer to be quite busy riding around Slovenia and neighbouring countries.

I'm looking forward to exchanging knowledge, information and experiences about our common hobby. Should anyone ever need any help or information about riding in Slovenia or nearby, all you have to do is ask.

Meanwhile waiting for my NC to arrive, I can only post a pic of my current bike.

Keep the rubber side down ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_180303.jpg
    IMG_20200920_180303.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 6
Hello everyone,

Another new and happy forum member here. My name is Matej and I am from Ljubljana, Slovenia (the home country of the famous Akrapovič ;) I'm 37 and I've had a passion for motorcycles since I was 14, when I got my first motorcycle license (for up to 50ccm). I've never had a "real" motorcycle, only mopeds and scooters. Currently, I own a Honda PCX125 scooter, which I mainly use for my daily commute to work. Last year I also did a few 300-400km daily trips with it and was pleasantly surprised with its performance and comfort even for longer trips. However, this year I thought it was about time to get myself my first proper bike, so I'm happy to report that my brand new NC750X MY2023 in blue colour (the fastest, right?) is on its way and should be delivered in April. So I expect this summer to be quite busy riding around Slovenia and neighbouring countries.

I'm looking forward to exchanging knowledge, information and experiences about our common hobby. Should anyone ever need any help or information about riding in Slovenia or nearby, all you have to do is ask.

Meanwhile waiting for my NC to arrive, I can only post a pic of my current bike.

Welcome! You live in a beautiful area of Europe and the rides should be spectacular!

Hello everyone,

That should be a good adventure for us to follow up on.

Congratulations and keep us posted!

Hello everyone,

Welcome, Matej! Glad you’re here.

Ross

Hi all, another new member here. I joined because I’ll be picking up a ‘12 NC700X this weekend as long as nothing gets in the way. My first bike was a Trail 50 that I had to lean against a stump to get started because my legs only reached the pegs. There’s been a number of bikes over the years, of many different flavors. I sold my last road bike (‘84 GL1200) about 2 yrs ago and lately I’ve been itching for another.
For about 5 months now I’ve been looking at VStrom 650s, and almost pulled the trigger a couple of times. I also considered a couple of triumph tigers, but just couldn’t convince myself the cost was worth it. Anyway, last weekend I was searching around and found this NC for sale, at a reasonable price given the current market. I called and talked with owner a while and ended up putting a deposit down. Aside from a couple minor scratches on top of the right side frunk fairing it looks to be in excellent shape, with a few farkles. It’s a 7 hour drive, each way to get it, so the wife and I are going to make it a getaway weekend.

Welcome to the forum skills. Montana is about my favorite state .
Thanks Ferret, but we prefer to call Montana the ugliest, coldest state in the union. The people are unfriendly, the bears see people as a tasty tacos and the riding is terrible. Probably best to just avoid the area all together

Back