• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Always good to welcome a fellow NC rider in North Carolina. I am in the Charlotte area and not far from the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We have a some great riding in NC and I am sure you will love the new bike. I have a 2018 NC750X and it has replaced my VTX as the go to machine when I head out on the road. You will find a great community here. Enjoy the ride.

Always good to welcome a fellow NC rider in North Carolina. I am in the Charlotte area and not far from the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We have a some great riding in NC and I am sure you will love the new bike. I have a 2018 NC750X and it has replaced my VTX as the go to machine when I head out on the road. You will find a great community here. Enjoy the ride.
Thanks, been in Raleigh all my life. 2 hours from the beach and 2 hours from the mountains... and 2 much traffic in Raleigh as I know you can relate to in Charlotte.

Hello all.

I just finalized the purchase of a 2019 NC750X DCT ABS (Blue) with less than 1K miles on her. We pick her up Saturday (!!!) and cannot wait. I'm a returning rider, my wife is a newb - she is getting her 2014 CTX700 DCT (Red) on Friday. Southern Arizona here so it's already heated up but I cannot wait to ride after so long away. She already did the RideNow course and I have mine next week. Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you folks. :)

Hello all.

I just finalized the purchase of a 2019 NC750X DCT ABS (Blue) with less than 1K miles on her. We pick her up Saturday (!!!) and cannot wait. I'm a returning rider, my wife is a newb - she is getting her 2014 CTX700 DCT (Red) on Friday.
RED is the fastest color. Even at stoplights red is faster!

Thanks, guys, for the warm welcome,
I love reading your stories,

I am looking to do a purchase next year so that I can do longer and more relaxing rides to further destinations without too much backaches and neck aches. ha ha
I'll be looking up to you folks to trailblaze the way and I will follow.

By the way, is there a spot in this forum where all the recommended accessories are recommended by members who have already had experience with them?
Things like the following for the 2021 NC750X:
  • crash bars
  • additional aux lights
  • tail-top luggage hard-box
  • is the 2021 std windshield sufficient? Taller windshield?
  • Radiator grill guard
  • Handguards
  • USB outlet
  • Center stand
Where did you get your accessories? Please share.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I purchased a 2020 NC750X DCT last year after reading a lot of great information on this forum. I’ve just passed 4k miles this weekend with a forest road ride in the Sierras (see image).

Thanks to all who have posted great information and advice on this forum. This is my first motorcycle and absolutely love riding, second only to flying…and 1/100 the cost. Just wish the NC had a “wing & tail feathers” option…one can dream…

Some items I’ve added to the bike…
center stand - I don’t understand why this isn’t std equip
12v frunk with usb charger cable run to my phone mount on the handlebar
analog temp gauge with high/low mounted to handlebar
honda heated grips and hand guards
Givi racks
anakee adventure tires - front last weekend which was an adventure of it’s own trying to seat the bead and the rear tomorrow — really wanted the M+S tires for the occasional ice/snow encountered in the Sierras in the fall/spring — first and hopefully last time on ice got my heart racing last year

Attachments

• DF16AA1F-DA0F-4637-A0A3-36BC5D84B050.jpeg
    DF16AA1F-DA0F-4637-A0A3-36BC5D84B050.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 12
Hello everyone,

I picked up a used 2020 NC750X DCT, with just over 1000 miles this past weekend. This is my second bike: my first was an Aprilia Pegaso 650, which I sold about 10 years ago. When I started to get the bug again recently, I planned to get something similar, and was mostly looking at 650 or 750 GS's and Tigers. However, as I researched I became convinced that the NC was the best fit for what I really wanted in terms of riding type, cost, reliability, etc... Also, my other vehicle is a Honda Ridgeline, and while some will say it's underpowered and not a "real truck," I like that it is comfortable, practical, economical, great for both daily commuting and weekend fun, and has an unexpected and very useful storage trunk. (Sound familiar?)

This forum was a great resource in helping me confirm the NC was the right bike for me, and in deciding which version and finding a good deal. Thank you to everyone who puts in the effort to write up their experiences.

Also, my other vehicle is a Honda Ridgeline, and while some will say it's underpowered and not a "real truck," I like that it is comfortable, practical, economical, great for both daily commuting and weekend fun, and has an unexpected and very useful storage trunk. (Sound familiar?)
I'm trying to convince my wife that we should get a '21 Ridgeline RTL in white.
How can a compact truck with a 3.5L V6 be underpowered?
Our '18 Subaru Forester is great, but I need more cargo capacity.
BTW, welcome aboard.
I have the same bike as you, except in Canada mine is white.

Hello everyone. My name is Matt. Earlier this month I borrowed a truck and dragged a uhaul MC trailer from my home here in Fort Mill, SC up to Winston Salem, NC to purchase a new-old-stock 2018 manual.

This is my very first bike, and haven't been on one of any kind since completing the MSF BRC back in 2015. The 100yd ride from where I unloaded it off the trailer to my driveway was pretty sketchy. So I'm torn between waddling up and down the street for practice and waiting for my engine guards to arrive. I'd rather have that extra bit of protection on the otherwise zero-mile pristine bodywork. Or maybe that's just an excuse.

I know, I broke the cardinal rule for a first bike. BUY USED!:)

The combination of fear and anticipation is killing me, so I like to bury myself in technical forum posts and gazing wistfully at accessories. The center stand is now here and waiting to be installed, and I've got my eye on a RAM phone mount and some Shad side cases. My goal is decent overnight/weekend trips and motocamping.

I can't wait to learn more about this unique bike and the interesting tribe it draws...

Hello everyone. My name is Matt. Earlier this month I borrowed a truck and dragged a uhaul MC trailer from my home here in Fort Mill, SC up to Winston Salem, NC to purchase a new-old-stock 2018 manual.

This is my very first bike, and haven't been on one of any kind since completing the MSF BRC back in 2015. The 100yd ride from where I unloaded it off the trailer to my driveway was pretty sketchy. So I'm torn between waddling up and down the street for practice and waiting for my engine guards to arrive. I'd rather have that extra bit of protection on the otherwise zero-mile pristine bodywork. Or maybe that's just an excuse.

The combination of fear and anticipation is killing me, so I like to bury myself in technical forum posts and gazing wistfully at accessories. The center stand is now here and waiting to be installed, and I've got my eye on a RAM phone mount and some Shad side cases. My goal is decent overnight/weekend trips and motocamping.

I can't wait to learn more about this unique bike and the interesting tribe it draws...
Welcome!
Can you post a picture of your 100 yd ride so we can give you some advice?

Hello everyone,

I picked up a used 2020 NC750X DCT, with just over 1000 miles this past weekend. This is my second bike: my first was an Aprilia Pegaso 650, which I sold about 10 years ago...
Start slow and you will get used to it again. I see you are in ABQ. Interesting city that. My brother in law lives there. We had planned to ride Route 66 to visit last but Covid.

Hello everyone. My name is Matt...

This is my very first bike, and haven't been on one of any kind since completing the MSF BRC back in 2015. The 100yd ride from where I unloaded it off the trailer to my driveway was pretty sketchy. ...

Take a bunch more 100 yard rides. You will slowly gain confidence. Most sketchy rides I witness by beginners are actually at too slow a speed. I am NOT saying go fast. But it is often easier to keep a bike upright and stable at 15-20mph but more difficult at 3, 5 or 7 miles per hour. I think most bikes get dropped in parking lots and at stop signs. If you have someone locally who can help you out that would be great help too.

And don't forget, take a rider safety class! You will never regret taking a class.

Welcome aboard! I am also in the Charlotte area and also have a 2018 NC750X manual. Bought it new last year after visiting it in the showroom for about 12 months. It's a great bike and an easy ride once you get used to it. I would suggest repeating the lessons learned in the MSF course (all viewable on YouTube I am sure) and slowly getting back on the saddle.
I dropped mine within a month of owning it, immediately bought the new cowl, but have yet to replace it. I consider it a battle scar and proof that I actually ride the thing. It's not jewelry! Just holler at me if you need any help, I am just across the border.

By the way, I was looking at your profile pic of the bike and I could not figure out what kind of rack you had on the back that has flame looking spikes....then i realized it was the garage door handles...haha

I'm trying to convince my wife that we should get a '21 Ridgeline RTL in white.
How can a compact truck with a 3.5L V6 be underpowered?
Our '18 Subaru Forester is great, but I need more cargo capacity.
BTW, welcome aboard.
I have the same bike as you, except in Canada mine is white.
I have the 1st Gen Ridgeline. I love how much space it has especially with the full sized trunk under the bed. In this land of 3/4 and 1 ton V8s, a compact truck with a V6 is considered underpowered by definition.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Bigbird, luckily no one was around to catch my wobbliness for posterity. It's around a couple of corners with some slight inclines. I'm sure once I've gotten some time on flat pavement to get comfortable, I'll be fine.

Melensdad, I plan on waddling down to the church parking lot down the hill. It's wide open and flat. I should be able to get "up to speed" there. And I've been tempted to take the course again, but the next class is months away.

Penguinsfan82, Running through the MSF exercises is a good idea. I'll need to dig out my book once I've gotten comfortable enough to get down to the church. I appreciate the offer for help. I might take you up on it!

After much rolling around on the garage floor I got the center stand installed. C'mon engine guards!

Back