• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi riding brethren!

I just picked up a 2015 NC with a tick over 11k miles.

I’ve been a Moto sports enthusiast since the age of 13 and have been riding motorcycles since ‘93.

having owned multiple bikes from all international flavors (mostly Italians ), I caught the adv bike itch and scoured the interwebs for months.

My latest love just prior to the NCX was my 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 S. I farkled the beejebuz out of her and found what I was really missing was fuel efficiency and good set of engine/case protection.

I did all my wrenching, inclusive of valve servicing. The 2v, air cooled magical Ducati engine was a design marvel and a joy to work on. I let her go at just under 49k; had it not been for covid I easily would’ve surpassed 55-60k by end of 2020. Work from home can do that...

Enough wallowing in separation anxiety and on to the NCX!

She’s no Hypermotard (I know I said no more wallowing) but she is growing on me.

In my one whole day of ownership, I installed a DanMoto exhaust; met a fellow forum member; bought/installed a set of Givi pannier racks from said member; bought a set of kappa side cases from a cb500x owner and unknowingly burned a hole in the right side case from aforementioned DanMoto .

A new “project” awaits. I have some grand visions of what my NCX will look like once completed (if that day ever comes). A few items I think are a must: heated grips; better suspension; auxiliary lighting; stebel horn and hand guards...oh and a heat shield for the soon-to-be-repaired side case .

That’s it for now; I’ll continue to peruse the forum, mentally farkle and ride, ride, ride...

Attachments

• 70C85CA5-5964-4270-9BA2-F9F94AD37EA3.jpg
    70C85CA5-5964-4270-9BA2-F9F94AD37EA3.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 70D81473-C026-4D47-9CDE-A00B462B934C.jpeg
    70D81473-C026-4D47-9CDE-A00B462B934C.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 4194F2F8-0ADA-4F5D-B3A0-110C0F27F64C.jpeg
    4194F2F8-0ADA-4F5D-B3A0-110C0F27F64C.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 15
Hi riding brethren!

I just picked up a 2015 NC with a tick over 11k miles. ... A new “project” awaits. I have some grand visions of what my NCX will look like once completed (if that day ever comes). A few items I think are a must: heated grips; better suspension; auxiliary lighting; stebel horn and hand guards...oh and a heat shield for the soon-to-be-repaired side case .
I've seen this before. Ran across another guy who used his exhaust gasses to melt through his Givi side case very effectively. Shorty aftermarket exhausts combined with plastic pannier boxes do not make for a good combination.

Welcome to the ride. I hope you enjoy it as much as the other members here!

I've seen this before. Ran across another guy who used his exhaust gasses to melt through his Givi side case very effectively. Shorty aftermarket exhausts combined with plastic pannier boxes do not make for a good combination.

Welcome to the ride. I hope you enjoy it as much as the other members here!
I’ve started the project; I’m using abs and abs cement to fabricate a patch and aluminum for heat shield (using aluminum not abs - lesson learned).

In other news: I was running lots of Christmas shopping errands today on the old girl and was laughing inside my helmet the whole time.

I really didn’t give much credit to her coming off of the Hypermotard; but NOT riding the ncx like the Ducati puts everything in to perspective.

She is a lot of fun but NOT a hooligan machine. She’s a little over half the displacement vs 1100cc but pulls and punches above her weight class.

With the Dan Moto slip-on, she sounds like a Harley and Ducati super sport made sexy time and had a baby (that’s a good thing).

I already had one admirer and possible NCXconvert today

I was also able to raise back up to stock height and increase the preload on the rear shock but not before the chief got home so no test ride. Seat of the pants says the suspension is greatly improved from prior owner’s fumblings...

The saga continues!

Still on wishlist:

Higher rev limit
Barkbusters
Heated grips
Aux lighting
Higher rev limit
And higher rev limit...

I’ve started the project; I’m using abs and abs cement to fabricate a patch and aluminum for heat shield (using aluminum not abs - lesson learned).

In other news: I was running lots of Christmas shopping errands today on the old girl and was laughing inside my helmet the whole time.

I really didn’t give much credit to her coming off of the Hypermotard; but NOT riding the ncx like the Ducati puts everything in to perspective.

She is a lot of fun but NOT a hooligan machine. She’s a little over half the displacement vs 1100cc but pulls and punches above her weight class.

With the Dan Moto slip-on, she sounds like a Harley and Ducati super sport made sexy time and had a baby (that’s a good thing).

I already had one admirer and possible NCXconvert today

I was also able to raise back up to stock height and increase the preload on the rear shock but not before the chief got home so no test ride. Seat of the pants says the suspension is greatly improved from prior owner’s fumblings...

The saga continues!

Still on wishlist:

Higher rev limit
Barkbusters
Heated grips
Aux lighting
Higher rev limit
And higher rev limit...
Welcome! I just bought one myself a few days ago and am in the same process as you setting it up to fit. I started a thread in 750 discussions to document the build. Adding a Dales rack, side racks and bags and a chain oiler today.

I have thought a few times the engine sounded a little like a baby Ducati at low rpm. Thumper.

Welcome fellas.

I can strongly recommend the Cogent Dynamics rear shock as an excellent upgrade. It feels like butter compared to the stock shock. Very responsive, planted, and fully adjustable. I almost don't want to avoid potholes because it feels so good now

Welcome fellas.

I can strongly recommend the Cogent Dynamics rear shock as an excellent upgrade. It feels like butter compared to the stock shock. Very responsive, planted, and fully adjustable. I almost don't want to avoid potholes because it feels so good now
What did you do for your forks?

Greetings All! I am an almost owner... I pick up my new 2018 NC750x next week.

I've had five bikes previously. Two were 1985 Kawasaki LTD 454, a blisteringly quick little bike. Short rides were fantastic, but the longer rides were uncomfortable for a big guy on a small bike. The next two were both mid-80's Honda GL 500 Silverwing (motorcycle, not the scooter). Another great bike. Could dance in traffic, and handled the highways well enough without being a Goldwing. My latest was a 2004 GSX-R750. Not the communter I wanted, but picked it up for a song, then sold it for a decent profit.

I've had my eye on a 2018 NC for a while, love the red! My commute is either 76 miles (back roads) or 92 miles (highway) round trip, and I was wholly enticed by the phenomenal mpg's this bike seems to get. Been reading through the forum, trying to decide which accessories I need first, and which can wait. I haven't done any wiring before, so that will be fun. So excited to finally be getting in on the action, instead of just watching youtube videos!

Added photos from 1985 and 1986.

Attachments

• Kawasaki #1.jpg
    Kawasaki #1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Silverwing #1.jpg
    Silverwing #1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Howdy. I just bought my 2015 NC700X yesterday. It had 952 miles before my ride home from the dealer. Now it's sitting in the garage next to my 2003 Honda ST1300 (58,000 miles) and I'm wondering if I'm a 2 bike person or if I'll get rid of the ST. I can't really imagine the amount of money I would receive would anywhere near equal the worth of that bike in my estimation.

So far, I'm very happy with the purchase. I sort of realized this morning that this might be the first vehicle I've ever purchased that I didn't get that buyers remorse stress on the first night.

On my 50 mile interstate ride from the dealer to my home, I made the following observations:

• One reason I considered the NC was summer riding in Texas is brutal on the ST. I've cut two inches off the stock screen (my bike was the only version ever offered without an electric adjusting windscreen), but I get NO cooling wind across the helmet or chest (or legs or hands for that matter). Last night, riding in 48°F with marginally suitable gear, I realized that the NC was providing cooling wind in copious amounts. Not exactly thrilled at the time, but overall pleased with the prospect of the 10 months a year I ride with mesh.
  • I stopped after about 20 miles to close all the vents in my jacket (something I've never done on the ST, even riding in freezing weather). When I walked the bike back from the parking spot I had stopped in I started giggling. I was walking it up a slight incline that would have been damn near impossible with my 730+ pound ST. It was wonderful and I will get used to that very quickly.
  • Grooved pavement. Don't know if it was the tires, the bike or the fact that I had passed that same section a month earlier and the grooves had been worn down considerably, but the ST always got horribly squirrely on groved pavement. On the NC, I noticed it, but only just.
  • Engine braking. Top gear release of the throttle on the ST is almost like a little bite of brake. Sharp and very noticeable. Letting the off the throttle on the NC gave more of a coast sensation.
  • I realized I had grown very accustomed to the linked brakes on the ST. With the rear break also activating one of the front pistons, I tend to use it for speed adjustment in traffic all the time. The rear only on the NC did not give me anywhere near what I expecting. Not a negative, just a difference I will need to get used to.
  • Obviously the power difference is significant, but I was not unhappy at all with the NC. I'll have to start downshifting to pass at highway speeds, but one of the reasons I bought this was the old axiom of more fun to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow. Rowing the gears has always made me happy.
I'm really looking forward to putting the NC through some twisty paces, but as It's miserably rainy here today, so I suppose I will figure out how to arrange my garage so that I can get my car back in.

I'll be back once I realize what goofy stuff I want to add to the bike.

Kerwood

Attachments

• NC700.jpg
    NC700.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
One more thing, the tupperwear on the ST would vent the copious amount of heat from the V4 right onto my shins. It was a very tangible indication of the switch in the riding seasons. One day in November I would feel a puff of warm on my legs and think "nice". Then again in April, that same puff would illicit a earnest "crap!". I never noticed any heat off the NC, though. I'm interested to see how that plays out long term.

hello, this is my first post. i just sold my cb300r and i'm seriously considering getting an nc750x with DCT. ideally I would like Honda to announce the '21 model in the US (what's taking them so long?), but I don't think I could afford one anyway so most likely I will be trying to find a good deal on a used previous year model. I would prefer to get the NC with the latest DCT technology, but it's a little bit confusing knowing which model years have the newest DCT in the US. Is it the 2017-2020? And at what point did they start getting traction control? Was that in 2018?

hello, this is my first post. i just sold my cb300r and i'm seriously considering getting an nc750x with DCT. ideally I would like Honda to announce the '21 model in the US (what's taking them so long?), but I don't think I could afford one anyway so most likely I will be trying to find a good deal on a used previous year model. I would prefer to get the NC with the latest DCT technology, but it's a little bit confusing knowing which model years have the newest DCT in the US. Is it the 2017-2020? And at what point did they start getting traction control? Was that in 2018?
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the NC you’re looking for, whether it’s old or new,

If finances are limited, I wouldn’t advise focusing only on the “latest” DCT version. Honda releases minor upgrades periodically just to keep the product alive and maybe induce someone to “upgrade”, but the differences are really subtle In the big scheme of things. The DCT version released in 2012 works just fine. As for traction control, it is not even necessary on a motorcycle like the NC. I suggest you just look for an affordable great deal on a well cared for DCT of any model year. NC700/750X is not very popular in the USA, and they drop in value quickly. You could easily find a nice used DCT for half the price of a new one.

Add-ons like a better windscreen, seat, and/or suspension, or added luggage could bring more pleasure and utility than having the latest DCT version.

Good luck in your search, and again, welcome to the group.

Welcome to the sexy tractor forum.

I was going to buy a CBR300R when the salesman suggested the NC700 and I was pretty instantly sold on it.

The latest generation of DCT came in 2015 iirc, if not then 2016. Traction control came with the arrival of the 750, which was 2018 for the US. The biggest upgrade imo is the LED lighting, but that's something you can change yourself on earlier models.

I've thought about wanting traction control just about twice in the nearly four years I've had my 700x. It's a very stable, very controllable machine.

User 670cc has very excellent advice on this, a used bike will be farkled and these tractors are reliable and easy to work on. I have seen exactly one video of someone trying to do wheelies on the NC platform. They're not at all hooligan bikes.

There's a 2016 700 dct for sale in the sale section. 1038 miles, asking $5750. I would have bought it had the owner got back with me. Very farkled out already!
If i were you, I'd jump on it!

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the NC you’re are looking for, whether it’s old or new,

If finances are limited, I wouldn’t advise focusing only on the “latest” DCT version. Honda releases minor upgrades periodically just to keep the product alive and maybe induce someone to “upgrade”, but the differences are really subtle In the big scheme of things. The DCT version released in 2012 works just fine. As for traction control, it is not even necessary on a motorcycle like the NC. I suggest you just look for an affordable great deal on a well cared for DCT of any model year. NC700/750X is not very popular in the USA, and they drop in value quickly. You could easily find a nice used DCT for half the price of a new one.

Add-ons like a better windscreen, seat, and/or suspension, or added luggage could bring more pleasure and utility than having the latest DCT version.

Good luck in your search, and again, welcome to the group.
Welcome to the sexy tractor forum.

I was going to buy a CBR300R when the salesman suggested the NC700 and I was pretty instantly sold on it.

The latest generation of DCT came in 2015 iirc, if not then 2016. Traction control came with the arrival of the 750, which was 2018 for the US. The biggest upgrade imo is the LED lighting, but that's something you can change yourself on earlier models.

I've thought about wanting traction control just about twice in the nearly four years I've had my 700x. It's a very stable, very controllable machine.

User 670cc has very excellent advice on this, a used bike will be farkled and these tractors are reliable and easy to work on. I have seen exactly one video of someone trying to do wheelies on the NC platform. They're not at all hooligan bikes.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been trying to snag a 2018-2020 NC750X DCT but they are extremely hard to find used and even new in some cases. There are a couple of 2016 NC700X DCT available though, so I might just hop on that. Even better knowing it has the latest gen of DCT (even though it's not a huge deal).

Is there a proper master thread or sticky thread to ask dumb questions that don't deserve their own threads?

I was wondering if it's okay to roll the bike backwards (DCT model) while in drive or sport mode? For instance if I'm stopped at a light but it's not turning green so I need to roll the bike back to trigger the sensor. Do I need to put the transmission into neutral first, or is rolling back in drive/sport okay? Is the transmission basically in "neutral" when you're at a deal stop anyway? I'm a little confused about that.

Back