• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

I'm between Pryor and Salina.

Going to Ada would be a good ride.
I'm thinking about meeting somewhere in between Ada and Pryor and having lunch.

Hello world!

I'm a new bike owner from the Southeast U.S., and chose a '14 NC700XD with about 7k miles as my first bike. I've been riding for less than a month, sub-500 miles, but had used Twisted Road to try out several bikes and evaluate what I wanted out of a motorcycle prior to deciding.

I wanted that legendary Honda reliability, and found the NC fit me pretty well as a 200 lb, 5'9" (30-32 inseam) rider. For me, I wanted to start riding to cut down wear and tear on my cars, for the exploration and adventure, and to challenge myself to learn new skills. I'm in my early 30s, family man, and the NC fit the bill as a practical, no-frills starter bike. I use it as my commuter on local roads and for minor errands, and plan to do longer trips. So far my only accessory is a old backpack strapped to the rear rack and bungied down. Honestly, the frunk was a big deal- having a place to stow the helmet has been great! My Bilt techno 3 fits just fine.

I looked really hard at the Royal Enfield Himalayan, Scram, and INT 650, as well as the Honda CB500X, but ultimately, a NC was available, I enjoyed the test ride, and I liked that it has just a little more 'umph' and weight for highway riding. In my area, I regularly have to hop on multi-lane roads with speeds up to 75 mph.

This forum was hugely helpful as I made the decision- I spent a lot of time researching reliability and how other folks use their bikes.

So far, my only complaint is mount/dismount- I've adapted the left peg step-on and swing over method to reliably clear the tail bag.

Looking forward to learning more and paying it forward!
Red Rover.jpg

Welcome to the forum. That bike looks good, well kept.

Welcome to the forum. Looking at pic, it seems the passenger grab bars are missing to help secure your luggage. At least on the left side.

Interesting! This is why I want to be on the forum- to have experienced owners spot issues on my bike.

Are the passanger grab bars bolted on, or are they these pieces here? The bag may be obscuring them in the first photo.IMG_20221222_191745_169.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Looking at pic, it seems the passenger grab bars are missing to help secure your luggage. At least on the left side.

Hello world!

I'm a new bike owner from the Southeast U.S., and chose a '14 NC700XD with about 7k miles as my first bike. I've been riding for less than a month, sub-500 miles, but had used Twisted Road to try out several bikes and evaluate what I wanted out of a motorcycle prior to deciding.

I wanted that legendary Honda reliability, and found the NC fit me pretty well as a 200 lb, 5'9" (30-32 inseam) rider. For me, I wanted to start riding to cut down wear and tear on my cars, for the exploration and adventure, and to challenge myself to learn new skills. I'm in my early 30s, family man, and the NC fit the bill as a practical, no-frills starter bike. I use it as my commuter on local roads and for minor errands, and plan to do longer trips. So far my only accessory is a old backpack strapped to the rear rack and bungied down. Honestly, the frunk was a big deal- having a place to stow the helmet has been great! My Bilt techno 3 fits just fine.

I looked really hard at the Royal Enfield Himalayan, Scram, and INT 650, as well as the Honda CB500X, but ultimately, a NC was available, I enjoyed the test ride, and I liked that it has just a little more 'umph' and weight for highway riding. In my area, I regularly have to hop on multi-lane roads with speeds up to 75 mph.

This forum was hugely helpful as I made the decision- I spent a lot of time researching reliability and how other folks use their bikes.

So far, my only complaint is mount/dismount- I've adapted the left peg step-on and swing over method to reliably clear the tail bag.

Looking forward to learning more and paying it forward!
View attachment 51011
Welcome. Really a great introduction! Congratulations on the bike which, by the way, seems to be really clean! Ride safely and I hope you enjoy the sport as much as others on the forum do. There is a great group of contributors here. I'm the "personality hire" of the group, unfortunately!

Interesting! This is why I want to be on the forum- to have experienced owners spot issues on my bike.

Are the passanger grab bars bolted on, or are they these pieces here? The bag may be obscuring them in the first photo.View attachment 51023
Welcome from East TN. Looks like they were removed to install the rear rack. They would have bolted to the two holes in front of what you have circled.

Are the passanger grab bars bolted on, or are they these pieces here? The bag may be obscuring them in the first photo.View attachment 51023
You have a rather unique setup, there. Here is how it went with 2012-2015 rear accessories: The bike came stock with two passenger grab rails. If a person wanted to install Honda's luggage system, Honda made the owner replace the rear grab rails with a new style grab rail set (for a price), that you now have, that accomodates the actual rear rack that you have (a separate expense), will accept the mounts for the side bags (another expense), in addition to needing to purchase the top case and side bags.

What is special about yours is that the accessory grab rails and the accessory rear rack come as grey, about the color of the bike's frame. Someone painted your rails and rack to match the red body color. I have never seen that done before.

Your grab rails and rear rack would have started life grey, as in the photo below. The bike in the photo has the side bag adapters added.

honda-nc700x-2014-3.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone from Italy.

I've joined the NC club with a NC750X as my very first bike, apparently a bold choice by everyone i've talk to, but it tick all the boxes i wanted in a bike (except maybe more power as jeremy clarkson says).
Bike is 2014 model with 28k km and it came with more optionals than i'll ever need.

So far i'm loving it, can't wait for the spring to arrive to cruise to the north italy lakes.

IMG_20221217_132438_268.jpg

Hi everyone from Italy.

I've joined the NC club with a NC750X as my very first bike, apparently a bold choice by everyone i've talk to, but it tick all the boxes i wanted in a bike (except maybe more power as jeremy clarkson says).
Bike is 2014 model with 28k km and it came with more optionals than i'll ever need.

So far i'm loving it, can't wait for the spring to arrive to cruise to the north italy lakes.

View attachment 51351
Welcome to the club!

That is a good looking bike and I look forward for when you can post pictures from northern Italy.

Hi everyone from Italy.

View attachment 51351
Congratulations on the new bike! I was recently in southern Italy and, based on what I observed, the NC seems to be more popular there than here. I hope you enjoy riding it as much as most of us do! On a side note, I'm jealous of some of the two-wheeled options available over there which are not available here; especially in the scooter category.

Hi everyone from Italy.

View attachment 51351
Great looking bike!
Spent some time in Bolzano for school a few years back. Wonderful area. Close to some very beautiful points in Austria and Germany.
Be sure to post pics!

Back