• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Howdy all,
Soon-to-be Nc750x DCT from Oklahoma owner here!
I put a deposit on a new 2022 model last week and am beyond excited to receive it. I've sold my current ride through RumbleOn, a 2014 CTX1300. I loved the CTX but after almost dropping it twice in one day, and advancing arthritis I decided I needed a lighter bike with DCT. So after a bit of research I settled on the NC750X DCT. I suppose my decision was also influenced a good bit by new bike fever as well. I ordered the center stand, heated grips, hand guards, and a USB port. The dealer predicts a November delivery. I can't wait!
I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. If there are any members near me, let's go riding in a few weeks!
Also, any tips or advice is most welcome, tia.

Howdy all,
I put a deposit on a new 2022 model last week and am beyond excited to receive it. I've sold my current ride through RumbleOn, a 2014 CTX1300. I loved the CTX but after almost dropping it twice in one day, and advancing arthritis I decided I needed a lighter bike with DCT. So after a bit of research I settled on the NC750X DCT. I suppose my decision was also influenced a good bit by new bike fever as well. I ordered the center stand, heated grips, hand guards, and a USB port. The dealer predicts a November delivery. I can't wait!
I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. If there are any members near me, let's go riding in a few weeks!
Hi also became a new owner in June herein the UK but I had to wait five months for delivery. You will mot be disappointed and the accessories will prove to be a good investment. Happy riding

Hi guys, I'm Ezi from Essex, England. Been riding for over 40 years, bought a 2014 NC750S DCT as I fancied trying an "automatic" and thought I'd made a huge mistake. Having now made a few changes (and spent too much money) we're starting to gel and it finally puts a smile on my face. I'll post about the most controversial change which was actually one of the cheapest.
Looking forward to chatting with you guys and discussing experiences.

Hi guys, I'm Ezi from Essex, England. Been riding for over 40 years, bought a 2014 NC750S DCT as I fancied trying an "automatic" and thought I'd made a huge mistake. Having now made a few changes (and spent too much money) we're starting to gel and it finally puts a smile on my face. I'll post about the most controversial change which was actually one of the cheapest.
Looking forward to chatting with you guys and discussing experiences.
Hi Ezi I am in North Lincs and also recently got myself a NC750X DCT but the 2021 model and I love it. I am interested in the changes you made and would appreciate some details.

Hi Ezi I am in North Lincs and also recently got myself a NC750X DCT but the 2021 model and I love it. I am interested in the changes you made and would appreciate some details.
Hi and thanks for your interest.
The bike had horrible snatchy pull away and was jerky between gear changes. On a geared bike this would be easier to ride around with some clutch feathering etc which cannot be done with the DCT
It had a worn chain so I replaced chain and sprockets and also the cush drive rubbers. This improved matters slightly but it was still awful, particularly when pulling away or filtering at small throttle openings. I was convinced the bike was awful and was well on my way to selling it when I started reading about the very controversial booster plug.
I bought one from RSR for £138 which arrived next day, Fitting was straight forward if a little more involved than needs be due to Honda's airbox design.
The difference in throttle response is absolutely night and day. It is now much easier to pull away smoothly and the snatchy throttle response is virtually eliminated.
I know there are believers and disbelievers as far as these things go. Being an automotive diagnostician I am well aware how this thing works in theory (basically by fooling the ECU into thinking the intake air is colder and richening the fueling at low speed). Some people believe the ECU will somehow "learn" this is fitted and negate the effects, this is obviously incorrect as it will only react to this in the same way as it reacts to the standard temperature sensor.
When I have time I will rig something up so that I can switch between booster plus and standard and plot the temperature readings at the ECU with an oscilloscope which will give categorical proof of either its effectiveness or extent of my imagination!
Anyway, enough waffling, I will now be keeping the bike. It may be that as mine is an early model that later machines have better fueling.
The other thing I have done since deciding to keep the bike is to fit some Michelin Road 6 tyres which is a huge improvement over the Conti's that the previous owner had fitted.
Thanks for your interest, I really hope someone will read this and invest in a booster plug rather than getting rid of what is a very competent all round motorcycle.

Hi and thanks for your interest.
The bike had horrible snatchy pull away and was jerky between gear changes. On a geared bike this would be easier to ride around with some clutch feathering etc which cannot be done with the DCT
It had a worn chain so I replaced chain and sprockets and also the cush drive rubbers. This improved matters slightly but it was still awful, particularly when pulling away or filtering at small throttle openings. I was convinced the bike was awful and was well on my way to selling it when I started reading about the very controversial booster plug.
I bought one from RSR for £138 which arrived next day, Fitting was straight forward if a little more involved than needs be due to Honda's airbox design.
The difference in throttle response is absolutely night and day. It is now much easier to pull away smoothly and the snatchy throttle response is virtually eliminated.
I know there are believers and disbelievers as far as these things go. Being an automotive diagnostician I am well aware how this thing works in theory (basically by fooling the ECU into thinking the intake air is colder and richening the fueling at low speed). Some people believe the ECU will somehow "learn" this is fitted and negate the effects, this is obviously incorrect as it will only react to this in the same way as it reacts to the standard temperature sensor.
When I have time I will rig something up so that I can switch between booster plus and standard and plot the temperature readings at the ECU with an oscilloscope which will give categorical proof of either its effectiveness or extent of my imagination!
Anyway, enough waffling, I will now be keeping the bike. It may be that as mine is an early model that later machines have better fueling.
The other thing I have done since deciding to keep the bike is to fit some Michelin Road 6 tyres which is a huge improvement over the Conti's that the previous owner had fitted.
Thanks for your interest, I really hope someone will read this and invest in a booster plug rather than getting rid of what is a very competent all round motorcycle.
Streuth they are some changes alright - now I feel really inadequate as I only put on a hugger, a bigger screen and heated grips!!!

Howdy all,
Is ANYONE seeing new deliveries here in the States? I'm rather impatient...lol.

Hi Allen and welcome to the NC750X DCT happy owners brigade. I went through a similar experience having finally decided on what I hoped would be the best machine for me personally. I assure you that you will not be disappointed - I had to endure a wait of almost five months and patience is not one of my virtues. I have had it for four months and ride out on all good weather days which have been many this summer. Your choice of accessories sound a good one to me and will prove to be so once you are on board I am sure. I hope you do not have too long to wait but best wishes to you.

Greetings from North Carolina, picked up an ‘18 750X DCT with factory hard bags in April, 2115 miles, turning over to 10k any day now. Did a couple trips, to Maine and Arkansas for the VJMC rally. Added center stand, Go Cruise, Madstad, seat mod, really enjoying the bike so far. It’s definitely my touring bike.

Greetings from North Carolina, picked up an ‘18 750X DCT with factory hard bags in April, 2115 miles, turning over to 10k any day now. Did a couple trips, to Maine and Arkansas for the VJMC rally. Added center stand, Go Cruise, Madstad, seat mod, really enjoying the bike so far. It’s definitely my touring bike.
Welcome to the forum!

Welcome and glad you are enjoying the bike! I have an 18 DCT also, my second one actually.

Howdy all,
Well my real name is BJ, age 57.

And I'm from Oklahoma also.

I have 2022 NC with the standard non-DCR transmission. I think I got it in August and I have close to 4k Miles on it.

Attachments

• signal-2022-08-17-18-16-46-650.jpg
    signal-2022-08-17-18-16-46-650.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 6
Back