• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello everyone. I picked up a 2017 NC750x yesterday with 9,000kms on it. I'm looking forward to riding it and will enjoy this website,I'm sure.
Other rides are my '87 TransAlp, '77 CB400f, '78 CB550k and a '73 MGB GT. I'm in Ontario Canada.
Charlie
Welcome and enjoy. You live in a very beautiful area to ride! I lived a few hours away from you over in Guelph for four years. Spent a lot of time in Peterborough.

Hello everyone, I just join recently and I picked up a brand new NC750XD Jul 19, I did a quick test ride it will take a bit getting used to I still keep squeezing the invisible clutch, so now I have 11 miles on it (waiting for the weekend)
After driving about 60 years (I'm 76), the old bones were complaining so figured time to hang up my helmet, I sold my last bike (R1200RS)when the pandemic started, then I read about an automatic bike hmmmm, anyway to keep it short I got the riding bug again, probably doesn't help watching all these motorcycles going by

Fresh meat here... David from Tacoma, Washington (USA). Been riding for 12 years or so. Just bought the 2014 NC700x a week ago, and rode it for the first time yesterday (coming off back surgery, so couldn't ride). Other than some work on the ergos, the bike is perfect.

The NC is my third motorcycle, having started on a 2005 Suzuki SV650s, then a 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620D. Can't wait to put some real miles on this bike.

Attachments

• Side view full dress.png
    Side view full dress.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 9
Howdy ya'll. I bought a used 2020 NC750X from a fellow in Taccoa GA. I live in Greenville, SC.
The previous owner upgraded the bike with a seat from Seat Concepts, hand guards and wider (width wise not height) foot pegs and Givi Panniers plus the Honda accessory frame for a top box.
I added a center stand, full exhaust without cat and went down one tooth on the front sprocket and added a 40 liter Givi top box.
Also swapped a teflon\steel braid front brake line, new brake fluid and a center link on the handlebars to mount a radar detector and a water resistant phone case.

Still own a 2003 Aprilia Tuono, '84 GPZ750 and a 2002 Aprilia Mille R.
Been riding 50+ years and wanted a high MPG commuter bike. Little did I know that the low CG NC would turn out to be light and nimble. It weights 40 pounds more than my Tuono but carries it's weight really low.

Looking forward to all the war stories.
Jack

Welcome. By going down a tooth and adding an exhaust you are defeating some of the gas saving attributes of the bike, but it will probably be more fun to ride.
I agree. With that being said, I went down a tooth on the front to have better slow speed control off road without having to fan the clutch. I did lose fuel economy, and Speedo was reading 5mph off from gps. When I added a 150/70 rear, I lost the front sprocket gains I was going for and now my speedo is only 1 mph off from gps and I’m back to fanning the clutch under 7mph.

I know I'll never wring this bike out to it's purported top speed of 125, but it was just too lethargic on the bottom end.
Losing the Cat and dropping a gear seems to have made it a little closer to the performance I expected.
This same layout with a 3 cylinder in the 900 to 1000cc range would have been wholly adequate, granted the mileage would have been reduced, but my Ape only gets 30 to 35mpg, so anything over that is an improvement. I've had a ZX-14, a Concours 14 and a ZZR1200, all of them got better MPG than the Tuono. But none of them handled as well or even remotely resembled the Ape as a hooligan bike.
The Italian word for Tuono is "Thunder" I believe, but it should mean "Two Oh No's" on your driving record.
The Frunk and low CG make this a really "light feeling" bike. Imagine adding a 3rd cylinder wouldn't add much more than 30 more pounds including additional frame stiffening and other required goodies.
Not trying to make the NC750 into something that it's not, but a 3rd cylinder would be a welcome advantage.

Morning folks, I purchased my 2016 NC750XA in June of 2021. It's my only vehicle & I ride all year round as long as there isn't snow on the road or it's below 0°C. I live in Vancouver Canada so I ride all but a few weeks of the year. I've had my NC wrapped as the silver didn't make me happy, and my dad & I painted the boxes to match. (They obviously don't match but, I think it looks fine.)

Attachments

• PXL_20220527_181959976.jpg
    PXL_20220527_181959976.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20220526_193826493.jpg
    PXL_20220526_193826493.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 18
Morning folks, I purchased my 2016 NC750XA in June of 2021. It's my only vehicle & I ride all year round as long as there isn't snow on the road or it's below 0°C. I live in Vancouver Canada so I ride all but a few weeks of the year. I've had my NC wrapped as the silver didn't make me happy, and my dad & I painted the boxes to match. (They obviously don't match but, I think it looks fine.)
Welcome to the forum.

I‘d love to see how your wrapped NC looks. Post a photo of it if you can.

Welcome to the forum.

I‘d love to see how your wrapped NC looks. Post a photo of it if you can.
Updated my first post with a couple photos. But here is another prior to the box painting.

Attachments

• PXL_20220422_184215945.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220422_184215945.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
Hello fellow NCers.

Just picked a '17 NC750XA as her third owner. Already festooned with a smattering of SW-Motech apparatus, she is well equipped to my liking. I'm a rider of almost 20 years, but have only had three bikes and all Hondas; namely a well preserved 1986 Rebel 250 (had for a year before itching for more ponies), and a brand new 2004 Shadow Aero 750 (for the last 18 years). The impetus to upgrade to this iteration of Honda was upon the urging of a teen wanting to 'share' the motorcycling experience with his father. He's into trail riding, so we'll see if the NC can handle the occasional weekend sojourn onto some 'well-groomed' logging trails.

If you're in the Vancouver, BC area and looking for a un-spirited ride around the GVRD, hit me up. We can be boring together!

Back