• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member: Me, and an old member: Bike

PapaC

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, I bought a '13 NC700X last December, and have been lurking since then. Finally decided I'd jump in. When I found this forum, I had to wonder....and sure enough, after searching, and reading countless old posts, I found my bike! It was previously owned by member "ronsaw". If your still around Ron, thanks for taking such good care of it. I love it, and promise to do my best for it. I will post some pics soon. When I bought it he (as you may already know), had installed a Shad seat, ixil exhaust, radiator cover, center stand, and bar end mirrors. I may be forgetting something, but that's pretty close. I didn't care for the mirrors, so I replaced with after market standard mirrors from Amazon. I also put on Saddlemen sport saddlebags, and S W motec aluminum rack, with soft bag plate (love it)! Oxford heated grips, and a Givi windscreen. Now if it would just quit raining!!! We've had a years worth of rain here in western Wa already since Jan! That's not an exaggeration. I've managed to get quite a few rides in though, and man I love this bike! It will be a commuter on dry warm days, and a weekend escape for me!

Just a little background; When I was a wee lad of 18 years old in 1976, I bought a brand new CB360T. Rode it for two years, and sadly one of my best friends was riding it and was hit by a left turning oncoming car. He didn't make it. I grieved for him, and motorcycle riding for a long time. I finally had to get a bike though. I had the itch bad, and I'm not getting any younger. The wife gave her blessing, so a shopping I went. I settled on the NC, and was going to buy a new one, and right then this one shows up at the stealership! Excellent condition, only 4300 miles, and saved $$ on price, and fees. Win, win!

Thanks for reading my (long), first post. After looking in almost daily for a while I look forward to joining in.
Ride safe, Carl

Thanks for introducing yourself, Carl. I hope you enjoy your bike!

Back