• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member in Arkansas

arkyleo

Reaction score
Visit site
Sold my too heavy for me bike (2015 Triumph 1200 Explorer) and bought a 2018 Honda NC750X with 850 miles on it for what I thought was a good deal. I Have owned over 75 bikes in the past of every brand except Moto-Guzzi, but this Honda NC is impressive with it's nimble feel and superb fuel mileage. I also like the "screw and locknut" valve adjusters so I can do that service without a dealer rip-off (like the Triumph). 54 horsepower seems to be enough to cruise at desired speeds and pass safely. Looking forward to accessorizing with help from others on this forum. Cheers! Leo

Attachments

• IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
Welcome, Leo.

Is that Ozark Cafe in your photo the one in Jasper, Arkansas? If so, I rode past it a half dozen times last week. I live 450 miles from Jasper, but I go down to Arkansas at least once per year to ride those beautiful roads you have there. The NC is the perfect bike for riding in and near the Ozark National Forest.

Welcome, Leo.

Is that Ozark Cafe in your photo the one in Jasper, Arkansas? If so, I rode past it a half dozen times last week. I live 450 miles from Jasper, but I go down to Arkansas at least once per year to ride those beautiful roads you have there. The NC is the perfect bike for riding in and near the Ozark National Forest.
Yes Ozark Cafe a group of us ride to restaurants within a hundred miles every week and I will send I will post the link of our group if it's permissible on this site

Yes Ozark Cafe a group of us ride to restaurants within a hundred miles every week and I will send I will post the link of our group if it's permissible on this site
Yes, info about your group would be nice.

For several years in a row, a group developed on this forum that had a get together at the Hub at Marble Falls. We camped there when the previous owners of the place were quite motorcycle friendly. Turnout was 12-14 people one year, with at east a half dozen on NCs. We‘ve tried to keep it going, moving over to Shady Oaks campground south of Harrison, but interest dried up. Maybe this fall an outing could be organized.

Yes, info about your group would be nice.

For several years in a row, a group developed on this forum that had a get together at the Hub at Marble Falls. We camped there when the previous owners of the place were quite motorcycle friendly. Turnout was 12-14 people one year, with at east a half dozen on NCs. We‘ve tried to keep it going, moving over to Shady Oaks campground south of Harrison, but interest dried up. Maybe this fall an outing could be organized.
Our group www.romeoriders.com also used to meet at the HUB until it sold after falling int dis-repair. The new owner gave it a shot but after dumping lots of money in to it, it still needed much more. A fall NC meet sounds like a great idea, but I am aware that my camping days are almost over--will try to make Falling Leaf this Fall at Steeleville

Our group www.romeoriders.com also used to meet at the HUB until it sold after falling int dis-repair. The new owner gave it a shot but after dumping lots of money in to it, it still needed much more. A fall NC meet sounds like a great idea, but I am aware that my camping days are almost over--will try to make Falling Leaf this Fall at Steeleville
Shady Oaks does have rental cabins, as well as campsites. The cabins might be an option for people not interested in camping. But, the group would be interested in other lodging suggestions.

Back