• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member from Lancashire UK

velocipede

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I have been thinking about getting an NC 750X DCT for a while, and currently own a Yamaha X Max ( Iron Max) 400, twist and go scooter, which I have owned from new for around 18 months.
I have agreed a part ex deal - the Yam against a one owner, Blue 2019 NC 750X DCT, with only1700 miles on the clock, subject to me liking the bike on a test ride.
The test ride is on Sat, in a couple of days time. I have owned an NC 750S ( manual ) a few years back, but did not like the very hard front suspension. I believe the forks on the X model, 2019 year, may be more comfortable. I liked the engine power ( of the 750S ) performance, economy and general quality of that bike but found the suspension too hard for my liking.
I am a long time motorcyclist, and now prefer a bike without a clutch lever to operate. The NC 750S had plenty of power for me, and is ample for legal UK speeds, plus it handled very well.
The test ride was supposed to be yesterday, but the weather was terrible for motorcycling - strong winds, heavy rain, and persistent thunder and lightening, so the dealer agreed to my request to change the test ride to Sat, when I hope the weather be be a bit better.
I have my route arranged, and hope I like the bike, and will do the deal if I do.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I have been thinking about getting an NC 750X DCT for a while, and currently own a Yamaha X Max ( Iron Max) 400, twist and go scooter, which I have owned from new for around 18 months.
I have agreed a part ex deal - the Yam against a one owner, Blue 2019 NC 750X DCT, with only1700 miles on the clock, subject to me liking the bike on a test ride.
The test ride is on Sat, in a couple of days time. I have owned an NC 750S ( manual ) a few years back, but did not like the very hard front suspension. I believe the forks on the X model, 2019 year, may be more comfortable. I liked the engine power ( of the 750S ) performance, economy and general quality of that bike but found the suspension too hard for my liking.
I am a long time motorcyclist, and now prefer a bike without a clutch lever to operate. The NC 750S had plenty of power for me, and is ample for legal UK speeds, plus it handled very well.
The test ride was supposed to be yesterday, but the weather was terrible for motorcycling - strong winds, heavy rain, and persistent thunder and lightening, so the dealer agreed to my request to change the test ride to Sat, when I hope the weather be be a bit better.
I have my route arranged, and hope I like the bike, and will do the deal if I do.
Welcome. I hope your test ride goes well. If you still think the front suspension is too hard, but otherwise like the NC, there are front fork modifications available that are fairly inexpensive, that might make it work to your satisfaction. Good luck, and report back.

Welcome. I hope your test ride goes well. If you still think the front suspension is too hard, but otherwise like the NC, there are front fork modifications available that are fairly inexpensive, that might make it work to your satisfaction. Good luck, and report back.
I had the test ride mainly in a mainly built up area ( 30mph limit )
as there are not many open roads in the vicinity of the dealer, but I managed to get to a stretch of motorway where I could take it up to 70mph to see what the wind blast was like. It wasn't a problem.
The bike handled well, much better than the X max, more power, and the seat was reasonably comfortable for me, and overall the bike is much more accommodating for my 6'3" frame than the X Max. The front suspension, whilst on the firmer side of plush, was quite OK for me, and nowhere near as hard as the NC 750S that I previously owned. It is equipped with centre stand, crash bars, colour matched hugger and chainguard, rear carrier and top box, hand guards, oh, and it look great in blue! It had only one owner who only covered 1700 miles in 2 years, and it really looks like new. It had originally been bought from a Honda bike shop, and serviced at the same dealership. I liked it straight away as soon as I set off on the test ride, as it felt right to me, immediately.

Did the deal, part ex'd my X Max 400, and took the NC home, and did around 100 miles on it yesterday, on country roads, around the West Pennine moors / Lancashire area, getting used to the bike. I am really pleased with it, and glad I did the deal, ( with same dealer from whom I had bought the X Max previously.)

These bikes seem to be selling very well, as I have hesitated over a couple, and they have been snapped up while I was thinking about it. The salesman commented that lots of people had enquired about the bike, after I had put down a deposit, shortly after it appeared on their website, but I had been the first to enquire, and secure it with a deposit.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the welcome, and thanks for having me on the forum.

Hi I’m from Lancashire near Ramsbottom. Maybe I can be of help sometime. I’ve only had my bike since the beginning of lockdown, but I’ve had it in a million pieces and done lots of things to it including changing the colour, it used to be blue like yours.

Hello Wedders,

I'm just down the road from you in Harwood, hoping just to do basic maintenance on mine, plus dealer servicing once year or so.
Nice to know there's someone local, with experience of the model, in case I need any advice. Thanks.
A couple of photos attached taken on Holcombe Rd, Helmshore, yesterday

Attachments

• P1020116.JPG
    P1020116.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 10
  • P1020115.JPG
    P1020115.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 10
Hello Wedders,

I'm just down the road from you in Harwood, hoping just to do basic maintenance on mine, plus dealer servicing once year or so.
Nice to know there's someone local, with experience of the model, in case I need any advice. Thanks.
A couple of photos attached taken on Holcombe Rd, Helmshore, yesterday
Nice looking bike mine was like that or similar until I got the urge to change it.
Here’s mine now.

Attachments

• 2A7E931A-7C26-433B-92DF-E393FC2899AB.jpeg
    2A7E931A-7C26-433B-92DF-E393FC2899AB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • 881322EA-221D-4EBE-8DC3-7C5C68D7BD6A.jpeg
    881322EA-221D-4EBE-8DC3-7C5C68D7BD6A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
That looks a comfortable seat, is it specially made, or is it a proprietary make, on sale to buy?
I had it re covered, it’s leather with a gel pad inserted. I like Corbin seats so it was made “a little” along those lines. Actually the guy misunderstood my instructions but it came out OK £200.

Last edited:
I had the test ride mainly in a mainly built up area ( 30mph limit )
as there are not many open roads in the vicinity of the dealer, but I managed to get to a stretch of motorway where I could take it up to 70mph to see what the wind blast was like. It wasn't a problem.
The bike handled well, much better than the X max, more power, and the seat was reasonably comfortable for me, and overall the bike is much more accommodating for my 6'3" frame than the X Max. The front suspension, whilst on the firmer side of plush, was quite OK for me, and nowhere near as hard as the NC 750S that I previously owned. It is equipped with centre stand, crash bars, colour matched hugger and chainguard, rear carrier and top box, hand guards, oh, and it look great in blue! It had only one owner who only covered 1700 miles in 2 years, and it really looks like new. It had originally been bought from a Honda bike shop, and serviced at the same dealership. I liked it straight away as soon as I set off on the test ride, as it felt right to me, immediately.

Did the deal, part ex'd my X Max 400, and took the NC home, and did around 100 miles on it yesterday, on country roads, around the West Pennine moors / Lancashire area, getting used to the bike. I am really pleased with it, and glad I did the deal, ( with same dealer from whom I had bought the X Max previously.)

These bikes seem to be selling very well, as I have hesitated over a couple, and they have been snapped up while I was thinking about it. The salesman commented that lots of people had enquired about the bike, after I had put down a deposit, shortly after it appeared on their website, but I had been the first to enquire, and secure it with a deposit.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the welcome, and thanks for having me on the forum.
Welcome velocipede. Congratulations and I hope your new bike continues to make you smile.

Back