• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Her - Just picked up 2012 NC700x - Austin, Texas

skiphunt

Reaction score
Visit site
New Here - Just picked up 2012 NC700x - Austin, Texas

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a photographer who likes to travel by bike. I just picked up a new nc700x 2012. Best price was out of state. Hopped a bus to Oklahoma and road it back to Austin, Texas. 2.5hrs from Bartlesville, Oklahoma to Edmond, Oklahoma to visit family... then 7hrs from Edmond, OK to Austin, TX.

Shopping for extras now. :)

I've done several extended rides in the Southwest of the US and Mexico starting with a KLR in 2005, then moved to a vstrom 650. Now taking the nc700x for a spin.

First ride and blog on the KLR is HERE And highlights from another Mexico trip HERE

Here's from a trip out to California HERE and a few highlights HERE

Took a break from longer distance to backpack in Colombia, then returned to Mexico to write a screenplay called "Chupacabra" (working title. will likely change to "Riding Chupacabra") Blogged all that stuff HERE and will likely put NCX trips there once I get luggage and extras all worked out.

So... hi. :)

Last edited:
Hey, Skip. Welcome aboard! I don't have an NC yet, but I'm trying to talk myself into it!

Will you be at the MotoGP races in two weeks?

Welcome!!!!
And remember, since you are a photographer, you have NO EXCUSE :)
Whatever you say should be accopanied by pictures! We are counting on you! :) (You have a good start ;) )

Be safe!

welcome from Ga. enjoy the ride, take lots of pics. the frunk is the perfect holder for your camera. right there, and handy without having to dig thru luggage for it.

Welcome aboard! I can't believe it only took 2 hours for me not to be the newest member reporting in!

Sounds like your first day was a lot more adventurous than mine. I too look forward to seeing the photos that accompany your travels.

Steve

Welcome From Webster, Texas. I have a daughter going to Texas State, so I send time in your part of the hill county. I'm retired, so like you I do a lot of traveling. Welcome aboard.

Hey, Skip. Welcome aboard! I don't have an NC yet, but I'm trying to talk myself into it!

And every day you spend dithering about it is a day you can later regret at having missed out on. Come on.....they're available in red now! You know you're going to get one anyway. The sooner your wife gets mad at you for it the sooner she'll get over it. Delaying gains you nothing.

welcome skiphunter. Enjoy your nc700x. I've got a 2012 and love it. Learn to shift out of 1st early and you'll be great. I love the comfort, weight, handling, power, and the storage and the mpg is out of this world. I added a cee bailey taller screen, polysport hand guards and a one helmet black top box to match the gray and black bike.
Wish you hours of fun on your nc700X!

Back