• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New DCTs?

and smoked it's original flea market tires in 2k.

As I'm sure you know correct tire pressures are critically important; NC front AND rear 42 PSI.
I've got many, many miles on several bikes running Bridgestone tires.
I always got very good gradual warnings when tire adhesion was nearing its grip limit.
But ANY tire over 5 years old will give pucker factor warnings only............. and sour an otherwise good ride.

As I'm sure you know correct tire pressures are critically important; NC front AND rear 42 PSI.
I've got many, many miles on several bikes running Bridgestone tires.
I always got very good gradual warnings when tire adhesion was nearing its grip limit.
But ANY tire over 5 years old will give pucker factor warnings only............. and sour an otherwise good ride.

Are you sure about that front tire pressure? There is no “correct“ tire pressure, but Honda recommends 36 PSI in front for my 2012 NC.

Last edited:
Just picked up a new 2018 today! Apparently Honda has released some bikes they held back, for some reason.
I went all the way out to Moorpark, to Tri-County Powersports, where they had 5 NC750's. One 2020, one 2019. and 3 2018's. I got a red and silver 2018 DCT. And they let me do a test ride, which is what really helped me make up my mind.
The extra power is noticeable, and I could give it gas in 4th gear and not have to downshift in order to get more speed. It felt tighter and smoother than my 2016. The vibration I have in my bike is still there, but comes in at 73mph, instead of at 71 mph.

Just picked up a new 2018 today! Apparently Honda has released some bikes they held back, for some reason.
I went all the way out to Moorpark, to Tri-County Powersports, where they had 5 NC750's. One 2020, one 2019. and 3 2018's. I got a red and silver 2018 DCT. And they let me do a test ride, which is what really helped me make up my mind.
The extra power is noticeable, and I could give it gas in 4th gear and not have to downshift in order to get more speed. It felt tighter and smoother than my 2016. The vibration I have in my bike is still there, but comes in at 73mph, instead of at 71 mph.
Congrats on the new bike.

My wife rides a '16 NC700x and I have an '18 NC750x.

I agree with you that the extra power is noticeable. I was test riding her bike yesterday after some adjustments to it and there is a noticeable difference in acceleration between the two engines.

If BMW made an R1250RT with DCT I'd be first in line (or if Honda reissued the ST 1300 with DCT). I know the BMW has Shift Assist Pro for semi-clutchless shifting, but the convenience of paddle shifting through the range and no clutch at stops is tremendous. I ride my '15 DCT in manual mode 99% of the time just to have true clutchless shifting with the paddle shifters.

Reactions: MZ5
Back