• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Auxiliary Tank

Neat, huh? :cool: I like the way you think, fuzzy ;)

"Those are so damn cool! I desperately want one and I don't even have the kind of bike to put one on, lol"

:scheming to think of a way to put one on my NC700X:

-LBS May 7 2014

It would be super cool if they could make a tank that fits the frunk..then you could carry 20 liters of extra fuel.
ok... after 900km you probably need to stretch your legs anyway :)

Putting 20-litres of fuel into the Frunk would raise the CG and make the bike feel much heavier. :-(

Looks like a fuel pump would be required. I put my aux fuel tank in the top box, only used on long trips, otherwise the aux fuel tank sits in the garage.

Doesn't the frunk have an 11 pound weight limit? 20 liters of gasoline would, according to Google, would weigh 32.75 lbs. I wouldn't necessarily worry about the handling, but the structural soundness of the frunk itself would definitely be a concern.

The Camel tank looks like a viable option...if it was made for the NC.

Last edited:
It probably wouldn't be a problem running some metal mounts to the frame so the weight would be spread evenly.

I'll probably just be taking a 5 liter jerry-can with me on my holiday this year, thats an extra 100 miles of range where I won't be needing to buy expensive italian fuel.

Even if you don't need a huge fuel capacity, i'd still like a bigger tank on the NC. Be it just to not have to stop every 200 miles to refuel, but maybe take a 350 mile trip without having to stop or take a detour to refill on fuel. A 20 liter main fuel tak would have been more than enough to get an incredible range out of the NC. It's the same with cars, our VW Golf can go 700 miles on a tank of diesel, which serves absolutely no purpose, but is just nice to have.

Why...unless you are crossing the deserts. I like my breaks ....

It's not always about how far you can ride before stopping for gas with not taking breaks or just because you don't feel like stopping.

It's not always about getting from point A to point B in a long one shot distance, with fuel station/s available at your destination.

Places I like to go on my holidays aren't outrageously far distance-wise, but add in a couple factors, and you are either very unlucky, or at the least, forced into wasting valuable holiday time backtracking, or simply missing out on doing what you want to do.

Say you want to go to a place that is only a little over 100 miles away. Hey that's easily doable, right? OK, now you find out you can't get fuel once you arrive. Bummer! Still no biggie though. If you are careful, you can ride back and only accumulate 220 total round trip miles. Still no real worry, if you aren't a heavy throttle hand guy on the way there or back.

Ah, but wait. That's not the end of the story. What if there is juuuust enough of a headwind there or back or there and back. Dammit, I should normally get 70 mpg's on a highway trip like that, but having to use more gas because of the stupid wind, I'm only getting 60 mpg. That means instead of getting 220 miles out of this tank, I may possibly only get 200 or less. Auugh! I might run out before I even make it back to town. Bummer!

For me, still not done at that point. I want to go to my destination (where there is no gas station or people) and I want to set up my tent as base camp, spend a day, or two, or three, exploring the hundreds of miles of trails all around the area. Well hell. :( I have enough fuel to get there and back, but not much room for error, meaning that I can't even ride around for a day, and accumulate over 25-50 miles, let alone 100 or more.

That is *WHY* I go on my holidays. To get away from people, be self sufficient, and get the most bang for my buck in my meagre time off. Having a paltry extra gallon or two of gasoline, as minor as that seems on the face of it, can make all the difference in the world, and was my initial reason for buying this bike and doing what I want to do with it, in the first place. :D

It must be completely different where you live, with a huge population base, and hundreds of dirt cheap gas stations open 24/7, and cell phone coverage everywhere, meaning you are never more than a few miles away from AAA service, or friends, family, towns full of people, etc. Something like that is hard for me to imagine, lol! :eek:

Back