• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New 750X DCT owner … Little square thingy?

CDN750X

Reaction score
Visit site
2022 750X DCT. Anyone know what the small, square pop-out panel is just below the LCD display is for? Thinking it would be a good spot to mount air temp gauge.
F43F2121-16E4-4BCC-B27F-AB43337E659E.jpeg

I have a 2016 and there is nothing behind mine. I have fitted a gauge over the square and removed it to connect the wiring.

Hope this helps. It is shown as an auxiliary light switch. I think it’s a feature or option the US market never received due to Honda cutting overall cost of the motorcycle.

If you pop that small panel out, please post a picture of what’s behind it! I’ve always wanted to know!
View attachment 48322
Thx, that’s what I figured it was for. Honda certainly “nickel and dimes” us in N.A.

Thx, that’s what I figured it was for. Honda certainly “nickel and dimes” us in N.A.
Honda nickels and dimes in the North American market because of the nature of (in particular) the U.S. market. The customers are possibly the cause, seeming to be less willing to pay more for well appointed motorcycles. Also the NC line is a poor seller in the US. If the NC was higher priced, sales might be even worse.

There is also the issue of country specific vehicle regulations. It is possible that Honda’s OEM auxilliary lights do not meet regulations in the USA and/or Canada, thus cannot be offered.

I'd like to do one too. Please let us know how you precede.

Hope you're not getting the cold air from BC....6F here this morning.

I put my "fog" lights switch on the inside of the cowl on the right side under the handle bars. Reason was the lights are "see me" lights that are on when I turn on the ignition switch. The two way toggle switch will either turn off in the center or put on very bright to cover road edge at night to help spot critters lurking on the road side plotting to commit mayhem. I don't ride at night much anymore but they work at dusk as well. Since the light are very bright on high setting, I must turn them down for on coming traffic which is a little awkward when needed. I usually don't turn them on except when in rural areas. I have done some hard breaking for moose and elk crossing and many times for deer of course. Lights tend to keep the animals from crossing but don't count on it. Ground squirrels are on their own.

Well I’ll be… looks to be identical match. Now that I know there is an actual Honda switch for it, I think I want it.
There is also a switch for the NC in the EU, it is very likely the same dimensions as the part number above, but I cannot find it in the US so shipping doubles or triples the price.

Curious if anyone has used the Africa twin foglight switch, part 08V04-MJP-G50, in this space on any year NC.
I posted somewhere that I purchased this switch and stated that it was a perfect fit. I did purchase it and it will not fit. I hope that i did not cause anyone else to make the same mistake. Pissed off too. I made a beautiful harness, perfectly measured for the fog lights. I think that the right part number for the NC750 is 08V02-MKA-D80. I'm ordering it and will report back. Anyhow, apologies.

Back